Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 04:22 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,318 times

Advertisements

I read an article a while back about Forrest Fenn. Who's Forrest Fenn?

"In a nutshell, Forrest Fenn lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico where he started an art gallery, raised a family, collects artifacts, writes books and made a fortune. He has hidden aproximately a million dollars of his fortune in gold and gems in an old world, bronze chest..."

http://dalneitzel.com/

It takes a pretty interesting fellow to do that. Of course he did not leave it as easy as following a treasure map to find this treasure chest. No. He put the 9 clues to finding it hidden in an enigmatic poem that you will have to decipher in order to recover this treasure:

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know,
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

Well, he's creative, that's for sure. Plenty of people have gone hunting for this treasure and no one has come forward to claim it...yet. According to Mr. Fenn, the key is to begin your search in the right place, makes sense. So the clue in the poem, "Begin where warm waters halt" is the key. Where's that? I have no idea. Anyone else know anything about this? It sure does sound like fun if nothing else. If anyone does find it in part because of this thread I would at least love to see it in person (I know it's slim but what the hey).

PS To the moderator, I'm not sure which category to post this thread in but I guess if you are looking for hidden treasure then it probably is a hobby or recreation. If it needs to be move though that's fine.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 08-13-2013 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation