Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudist experinces
Gal - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 66 15.07%
Gal - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 31 7.08%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 8 1.83%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 48 10.96%
Guy - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 72 16.44%
Guy - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 78 17.81%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 13 2.97%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 122 27.85%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:34 AM

287 posts, read 326,998 times

Advertisements

We have lots of family in the Netherlands and from when I was 5 or so up until I was 18 every summer my family would visit them. We always spent at least one day of that annual vacation on the ocean at a clothing optional beach. My brother, father and I were always nude. My sister always wore a swimsuit and my mother always went topless. Nudity was also no big thing around our house. As a kid every Saturday was bath night and after our bath my brother and I would just come downstairs and watch TV in the buff until bedtime and I don't ever remember owning a pair of pajamas. My brother and I shared a room and always slept in the nude.

When I was 14 or so there was some dumb conversation between me and my friends after school about seeing naked women and I told them about going to the nude beach every summer- and of course they wanted to hear all about. I was just "So what? What's the big deal?" I think they were more amazed that I "got naked in front of chicks" than anything else. To me it was just something people did in Europe and I always wondered why when we went to the beaches on Lake Michigan or Huron why I had to wear a bathing suit...

Spent a lot of time as a teen skinny dipping with my friends at night at a local lake too. Around the time we all started to have girlfriends they would tag along but never go swimming with us. Whenever the opportunity arises I still enjoy going to nude beaches. The people are so much more friendly and there are never crowds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 01:14 PM

1,042 posts, read 874,047 times
I am an old woman and have been a member of Mountain Air Ranch since I was pretty young. Being a nudist has helped make the aging process easier, helped me to accept and find my body beautiful right after having a double mastectomy, and appreciate people for who they are rather than how they "present" in clothing, expensive accessories and makeup.

Our club is a member of AANR and thus very family oriented. Our kids are safe, all being watched by about 200 mama bear members who would never let anyone harm our kids in any way.

nudism is a happy, healthy, relaxed, and wholesome lifestyle.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:25 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
I went to a clothing optional beach once when I was in good shape. But never had a desire to do it again. Prefer laying in my back yard in the buff on a sunny day.

One thing I learned that day at the beach: The popular claim that nudists "don't notice each other's bodies" is the biggest hill of bull---- you could ever hear!!! I had more attention from men than I ever did at a regular beach wearing a bikini.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:49 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Many times, if you count skinnydipping at swimming holes in Vermont, hot springs in a bunch of western states, and Lakes Powell and Mead.

Only a few times if you mean strolling on ocean beaches.

I like how skinnydipping feels, free of all clothing. Makes me feel more akin to a dolphin. I do prefer indulging in it privately, though.

Black's Beach was a little weird, called a nude beach but felt specifically like a gay guy checkout place. There were very few other women around. That is the one place where I kept my shorts on even though I took off the shirt. Felt good to walk around baretopped in the sun like when I was a very young girl.

It's been a long time since those days. I don't know if I would want to bare all now with strangers around. I would not go to a nudist resort because that seems like making too much ado over what you do or do not wear.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:59 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama
I went to a clothing optional beach once when I was in good shape. But never had a desire to do it again. Prefer laying in my back yard in the buff on a sunny day.
Thats understandable.....

I am not @ all shy..... (Except around my parents (I dont want them to see me but everyone else I am not scared))

Old 05-22-2022, 02:50 AM

10 posts, read 6,335 times
I have gone to a nude beach one time......

It was FUN but some lady was there in the water trying to cover up (Why was she there in the first place??)

I would love finding nudist places around my area I could regurally goto

Old 05-22-2022, 09:39 AM

10,894 posts, read 7,386,537 times
I didn't vote because none of the answers resonated.
One of our favorite beaches was clothing optional. I wore or didn't wear what I wanted, and others did the same.

The term "nudist" makes me think of a planned resort, with rules. Many prefer "naturist" because they want to feel a part of the landscape.

Old 06-19-2022, 01:07 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
At least 30 years ago I was driving from Tampa and saw a sign at Paradise Lakes, "National Nudist week, free tours" so I said "what the hell" and went in

I was around 40 at the time

Some old man gave me a tour. He was nude, I wasn't

Nice place, but I got sick to my stomach when I saw all the older men playing with kids while the mothers watched and smiled. Ping pong, volley ball and tennis with lots of kids

Kids on men's laps being passed around. All nude

I am by far not a prude. I loved looking at the women. But, the kids just bothered me

Old 06-19-2022, 04:23 PM

780 posts, read 1,343,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
At least 30 years ago I was driving from Tampa and saw a sign at Paradise Lakes, "National Nudist week, free tours" so I said "what the hell" and went in

I was around 40 at the time

Some old man gave me a tour. He was nude, I wasn't

Nice place, but I got sick to my stomach when I saw all the older men playing with kids while the mothers watched and smiled. Ping pong, volley ball and tennis with lots of kids

Kids on men's laps being passed around. All nude

I am by far not a prude. I loved looking at the women. But, the kids just bothered me
I have been to several of them on the west coast, and not sure about 30 yrs ago, but nowadays, kids are so overprotected there ( by all the guests, not just the parents ) that if you did anything out of line with any child, you would not only have the local law enforcement called on you, but you'd be asked to leave by management.

I know its natural, but if you go just to look at the women, you're there for the wrong reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation