U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2022, 09:23 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,419,354 times

Advertisements

Would it work to use a hot glue gun to permanently adhere 2 pieces of velcro together, as opposed to being able to undo the velcro?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2022, 03:10 PM

19,383 posts, read 12,984,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfour View Post
Would it work to use a hot glue gun to permanently adhere 2 pieces of velcro together, as opposed to being able to undo the velcro?
If you don't want the velcro characteristics, why not remove it and glue the two surfaces together directly instead?

Old 10-09-2022, 04:35 PM

10,635 posts, read 6,620,731 times
If your velcro is already fastened to something and might be difficult to remove you can buy fabric glue in sewing shops/fabric stores.

Ask one of the people working there what would work best for you. If there's anyone left working who actually understands their products those experienced seamstresses can give good advice.

Old 10-10-2022, 11:41 AM

9,382 posts, read 5,203,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfour View Post
Yes, it would work extremely well; you'd never get them apart again. Well, with heat, you probably could, but you get the idea.

Make sure the velcro is securely fastened to the main item, or the glue or thread holding it might come loose, and you'd have to get out the glue gun again.

Old 10-11-2022, 04:56 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
40,512 posts, read 72,334,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
If your velcro is already fastened to something and might be difficult to remove you can buy fabric glue in sewing shops/fabric stores.

Ask one of the people working there what would work best for you. If there's anyone left working who actually understands their products those experienced seamstresses can give good advice.
After accompanying my wife several times to places like Joann Fabric, I haven't seen "anyone left" that understands their products. They are typically young high-school or college girls that know very little and often actually say "I don't know" when asked a question. I was surprised at how many times my wife would answer a customer's questions. Yes, a glue gun would work.

Old 12-07-2022, 12:29 PM

12 posts, read 2,924 times
@Hemlock140 same here, I would end up answer question the customers had for the sales staff.. and not just at the fabric stores, but lowes, walmart etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation