U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-28-2008, 12:43 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,271,463 times

Advertisements

Not awesome, just been around the block a few times.

Ask away and give me a day or two to answer... I don't make it to the computer every day these days, much as I try.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 12:25 PM

571 posts, read 1,001,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Hey, bibit612, how you doing? I am not even going to tell you I have a Viking embroidery machine that I still haven't learned to use, because if I do, somebody will start sending me e-mails telling me to get off my behind and learn the darn thing! Oops! LOL Too intimidated by technology! You know me!
Oh, you've got to at least try..... Believe me, if I can learn anyone can learn, just try something new each day andbefore you know it, you'll be a pro!

Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 PM

Thought it was time to bring this back up!!

Adysmom I found a few sites that have some embroidery designs. How much time do you want to spend??? LOL Have fun with any new ones!!!

Secrets of Embroidery is actually a site with many embroiderers' wares, tutorials and software to buy. They have quite a few freebies if you are willing to spend the time looking:
Machine Embroidery Designs

I've purchased quite few designs from Embroidery Library as well. For the inexperienced they can be a bit daunting because the designs are quite dense. They have frequent specials and sales, some good projects and printable 'how to' pages. Embroidery Designs - 50,000 designs at Embroidery Library

There are also a few individual designers I have tried that you might like:

©Skeldale House Machine Embroidery Designs

Embroidery Designs for Machine Embroidering (http://www.threadartist.com/embroidery-designs-index.htm - broken link) (horrible website design but really well done designs)

rahmensatz englisch This last one is a German site with some incredible designs, I listed the English language side. The website is a bit awkward but you can easily spend an hour looking at the designs and dreaming!

©Sadia's Designs-Machine Embroidery Designs Index

BFC-Creations Machine Embroidery Designs Freestanding Lace Bowls etc.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:17 PM

620 posts, read 1,326,215 times
I just ran across this thread and it caught my eye. No, I am not even a person who can sew, however if you do have one of these you might be missing a business opportunity and didn't even realize it.

I ordered several items that were matching my son's nursery set with his name machine embroidered from EBAY. The quality was fantastic. I ended up buying from the same lady a few times already for baby showers.

If you are really good with it, you might look into doing this also. ( Just a suggestion if you need some extra money.)

Old 09-10-2008, 09:46 AM

7,768 posts, read 9,610,638 times
Anyone got some pics of their work they will share?

I'd love to see some of it!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:02 AM

10,290 posts, read 10,658,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Anyone got some pics of their work they will share?

I'd love to see some of it!
I wish. I need to get back to solving the problem of learning how to actually use my embroidery software. I really want to learn. I think I must have a mental block, a fear of failure or some such thing. I'm glad the topic came up again. Maybe it will serve as a kick in the butt to DO something!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 AM

5,971 posts, read 12,262,095 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...mbroidery.html

Okay, here are some of the things I do with embroidery. I did not take pictures of everything, but I mostly make them as gifts. The wedding pillow in the pic was also quilted by me, welting attached and sewn as a pillow...so soup to nuts as they say. I love embroidering towels, and plain shirts for my kids and putting monograms on just about anything I could. The pillowcase was made from scratch too, purchased fabric, did heirloom stitching on them, much as done on Pottery Barn dinner napkins and monogrammed them before sewing the sides to make pillow cases. I have embroidered duffle bags, dinner napkins, table runners, anything one can think of!

Old 09-12-2008, 12:34 PM

Bibit really nice work. Wish I thought of taking pictures of my creations but I usually give them away and then think of it.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:57 PM

10,290 posts, read 10,658,982 times
always take pictures! Always. Keep an album for yourself, and in time you'll love looking back at them, and the progress you've made, and it will spak new ideas! And, it could someday be an inspiration for a child or grandchid! Besides, it tells them something about you when you were young (or whatever age).

Old 09-12-2008, 06:38 PM

15,225 posts, read 25,233,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
My main hobby is machine Embroidery, I have the Husqvarna Designer SE, and it is really a lot of fun, I know when I first got my embroidery machine, nothing was safe! Everything got embroidered! Even my husband's shorts!

Anyone else out there have this hobby? And also I'm addicted to collecting embroidery designs.....

I do have my favorite designers...............

Let's hear from all of you! What's your favorite machine, designer and type of designs, I love hummingbird and rose designs!
Not addicted to it, but sure would like to use my machine a lot more as time permits! I have a Bernina Artista.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation