Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:10 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,296,386 times

Advertisements

wood burning signs.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/welcome2.jpg?t=1226531231 (broken link)
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/1sign.jpg?t=1226531286 (broken link)
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/welcomesign.jpg?t=1226531372 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 04:36 PM

349 posts, read 862,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
wood burning signs.

very cool

Old 11-13-2008, 06:58 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,296,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblaine View Post
very cool

thanks, it sure passes the time and i enjoy it.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM

14,313 posts, read 14,590,320 times
When I was in my teens/twenties, I wrote poetry for awhile, haven't done that in years.

I've always collected post cards, have thousands probably, discovered it is called deltiology. Now that I'm retired I may go to a post card show or two this coming spring.

I like to collect rocks, but don't know what I have, although I've been reading online and got books from the library to help some. I also have hundreds of sea shells, which I may turn into wind chimes over the winter to sell at the farmers market possibly.

I like to sew and may take a quilt class uptown this winter. I might have to upgrade my Singer though as it is on the old side and doesn't do much but sew forward and backwards.

I guess that is it, I do jigsaw puzzles, too!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:25 PM

91 posts, read 294,624 times
My hobby is crochet. I watched my Grandmother and Mother crocheting as I was growing up. Making everything from rugs ,doilies, tableclothes, runners, clothing, bedspreads,etc. It amazed me how a ball of string could turn out into something so pretty. So, I got a learn how book and went to work. I went none stop, never watched tv only listened to it and crocheted all night, everynight ,as the years went by. I cannot pass the cord aisle in the store without picking up another pretty color and adding it to my collection that is under the bed, in closets, in drawers, and in the basement in storage totes for upcomming projects. I am also into crocheting rag rugs. I collect sheets, pillow cases and anything with yardage from friends and family to work into these rugs. I am hooked on this hobby.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:34 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,688,775 times
create new inventions out of lego's. Can't really say it any better. So far i've made an automated factory, micro dissembler. Can't really patent any of my ideas because i can't back it up with engineering or science.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM

1,371 posts, read 3,694,699 times
Since the age of 2 I have been enthralled by weather and climate. One of my hobbies is to track the weather and climate for random cities throughout the world via online national and international meteorological services. I track cities that most of my friends and family have never even heard of. I get asked "why?" a lot, but I don't have a good answer. I find it fascinating.

One of my other hobbies is buying scratch lotto tickets. Wait, that's an addiction.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:49 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,561,183 times
I collect coins, produce two zines, and am a complete map-maniac!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,466,361 times
Recreational kayaking. Started when my husband and I went on canoe trips together. Then he won a kayak, and I got one too and the rest is history. We have about 18 of us that get together to float every summer. Most rent canoes but we like the maneuvering ability of the kayaks.

Travel. Can't afford to do it often enough but we love to explore new places, especially tropical ones. Snorkeling, fishing, hiking, rain forests, local cuisine, the whole shebang. It all started because our new neighbor was a travel agent and we got a larger than expected tax return. We realized we could go to Mexico cheaper than a U.S. vacation and have been hooked ever since on foreign countries. So far she has sent us to Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize, Japan, Bahamas and Grand Turk.

My horse and donkeys. I've been infatuated with equines since I was 3 years old. I hope to one day be the crazy old lady that drives her donkey to town 'cause they took away her driver's license.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:16 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,632,587 times
I'm a horse gal. I love my horses, even if I can't ride due to weather, I still find great joy in having them. They are highly intelligent creatures and each have their own personality.
I also love to read, I'm currently reading yet another Dean Koontz book (love this guy) called The Darkest Evening of the Year which so far has been great!
I also like road trips and listening to music - I have everything from Beethoven to the Dixie Chicks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation