Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 03:00 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times

Advertisements

I'd love to be able to climb that mountain. But there are no Mountains around me. Only Glacial Drumlins. They will have to do. I'm in a rural town, population of about 700. Quiet surrounds me and it isn't hard to get isolated. The occasional Moo of a cow or the buzzing of a snowmobile and sometimes the quiet is deafening.

I sure wouldn't mind seeing a mountain in my view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:33 AM

36 posts, read 63,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Heartless View Post
How many out there feel like I do?

Right now, I'd love to break free from the chains of life and go climb my favorite mountain!

I'd love to camp, hike, cook out, take in the fresh air and beauty of nature around me, and not have to, "think" about anything else.

But maybe you...

live in the city too far away to just pick up and do it.

Or...

Your job is too demanding.

Or...

You have a dozen children...

Fill in the blank please.
I don't. If you really want something bad enough, You'll make it happen.

The only circumstance people are a part of is the one they create. You chose ever part of your life. . . and only you can choose to change it.

Nike says it best: Just Do It!

Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 AM

737 posts, read 1,036,170 times
Some of the happiest people are those who learn to grow where they're planted! ...and life in the valley can be un-beatable!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 AM

11,082 posts, read 17,527,537 times
I know of a pastor who uses two weeks of his vacation each year walking the Appalachian Trail. For some who may not have heard of the Trail, this is a 2100 mile trail through the Appalachian Mountains. The trail starts in Georgia and ends in Maine. The pastor started in Ga. and this year went to part in Maine. He says he goes on this hike for a closer talk to God. He says there are regulars on the trail and they have "handles" like CBers.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I know of a pastor who uses two weeks of his vacation each year walking the Appalachian Trail. For some who may not have heard of the Trail, this is a 2100 mile trail through the Appalachian Mountains. The trail starts in Georgia and ends in Maine. The pastor started in Ga. and this year went to part in Maine. He says he goes on this hike for a closer talk to God. He says there are regulars on the trail and they have "handles" like CBers.
sounds good...so what is faithwalker's handle?

Old 08-11-2009, 03:09 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round tuit View Post
Some of the happiest people are those who learn to grow where they're planted! ...and life in the valley can be un-beatable!
Well you may be able to mollify yourself, and a few others with that cliche, but until you walk in someone else's valley in someone else's shoes...well, I think you know where I'm going with this Besides that, I think the OP was heading in a different direction-lol.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Well you may be able to mollify yourself, and a few others with that cliche, but until you walk in someone else's valley in someone else's shoes...well, I think you know where I'm going with this Besides that, I think the OP was heading in a different direction-lol.

Not everyone gets to second an emotion. I guess I like a cliche as much as the next person.... even liked your's. I guess I was thinking of the old chestnut cartoon theme of the guy climbing the mountain top to find the meaning of life...well you know. ....finds out it's on the next mountain...or the guru is STILL waiting for the cable guy!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:38 PM

302 posts, read 885,162 times
I: 1) work way too much to do anything, and 2) even all that working only gives me just enough money to pay rent, bills, and for food.

But that's okay Sometimes in order to live life, you have to get through some nitty-gritty times

Old 08-11-2009, 07:07 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Not everyone gets to second an emotion. I guess I like a cliche as much as the next person.... even liked your's. I guess I was thinking of the old chestnut cartoon theme of the guy climbing the mountain top to find the meaning of life...well you know. ....finds out it's on the next mountain...or the guru is STILL waiting for the cable guy!
"Life, so they say...is but a game and they let it slip away..."

Old 08-12-2009, 01:18 PM

11,082 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Quote:
sounds good...so what is faithwalker's handle?
They told me last year, but I've slept since then. lol
Besides that, he was selected to go to a church meeting in California. Instead of flying or taking the car, he hopped on his motorcycle and biked from Kentucky to California and back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation