Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:41 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,010 times

Advertisements

Frank, try using Southern Steel (mellow), it's a tad larger than regular cut cigarette tobacco - but no need to cut......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 PM

402 posts, read 852,989 times
I don't see the point. You can order cigarettes online for pretty cheap, and you don't have to roll them. Unless that's your hobby, then that's different. I've never tried a hand made, but I doubt it's as good as regular.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva79 View Post
I don't see the point. You can order cigarettes online for pretty cheap, and you don't have to roll them. Unless that's your hobby, then that's different. I've never tried a hand made, but I doubt it's as good as regular.
I can roll 2 cartons for $20 ....

Old 08-15-2009, 07:51 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
You would be incorrect, unless of course you like all the chemicals and preservatives in retail smokes.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:41 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
They're not as cheap when your state's revenue department subpoenas their sales records and sends you an excise and use tax bill.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:27 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
They're not as cheap when your state's revenue department subpoenas their sales records and sends you an excise and use tax bill.
......and this one usually flies right over their oblivious mail-ordering head, until they get the letter telling them to pay. Whaaaaat? I didn't do nothing wrong.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:54 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,769,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFrankenstein View Post
Well, according to the coffin nails FAQ
"A soil area of approximately 1 metre by 8 metres will be able to sustain 50 plants, producing enough tobacco for well over 5,000 cigarettes."

So that kind of payback for $3 of seed + the total coolness of having some old school 'baccy growing in the garden, along with the veg, is a little irresistible
From what I knew of a guy that worked in a hot house tomato farm years ago, they had to keep tobacco cigs, chew, pipe away from tomato plants, for there was something in tobacco that killed off tomato plants...a mold or something...

Old 08-17-2009, 10:03 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
I used to smoke Golden Grain.
It cost six cents a sack and came with free rolling papers.
It was like Bull Durham but cheaper.

When I got a little richer I switched to Bugler and Tops.
They both came in a round tin like a paint can, and you got free papers.

I tried one of those rolling machines, but didn't care for it.
I preferred to carry the makings and roll my smoke on demand.

When the 60's came around, I was considered a "Rolling Elder" because of my years of rolling my own cigarettes.
People had some really weird ways of rolling joints and were always asking me to teach them how to roll a good one.
And of course I always did.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM

935 posts, read 1,648,953 times
Interesting topic that has died (almost) and I brung it back. Although kicking the habit for a number of years now, I was intrigued with this topic. Factory cigs were the hook and it took pneumonia to stop. I have no desire anymore but these pure tobacco enthusiasts vs. mfg sure make it tempting just to get a good smoke ...

Anyway, an article in the paper this morning reminded me of this thread.

Tobacco executives find tax loophole 111809 - The Augusta Chronicle

Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
Interesting topic that has died (almost) and I brung it back. Although kicking the habit for a number of years now, I was intrigued with this topic. Factory cigs were the hook and it took pneumonia to stop. I have no desire anymore but these pure tobacco enthusiasts vs. mfg sure make it tempting just to get a good smoke ...

Anyway, an article in the paper this morning reminded me of this thread.

Tobacco executives find tax loophole 111809 - The Augusta Chronicle
Already there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation