U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Status: "am I the only sane one in this crazy world?" (set 7 days ago)

644 posts, read 982,408 times
Question Are there any places in Georgia to sell art dirt cheap?

I hope I have chosen the right forum for theis topic. I have all kinds of paintings dating back to 1993 wheh I was 15 and first taught myself to paint. Now it is just a bunch of clutter (albeit good looking clutter LOL) and I just wish I could sell it all at like $50 or less and get rid of it . Are there any more of these art liquidator sales in Georgia going on where they advertise on TV (Nothing over $50! Everything must go!) Im probably thinking of the Atlanta area, because of the tv ads. However I hear that most of these liquidator sales are mass produced art, not original art pieces. Does anybody have any ideas? This weekend I am going to particioate in a nearby flea market (Hampton) and try my luck there. I'm open to suggestions.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 PM

2,566 posts, read 6,374,213 times
Flea market is a good idea. You could try craigslist or a garage sale. Another idea is a consignment shop. good luck!

Old 10-01-2009, 12:48 PM

6,042 posts, read 6,325,808 times
Craigslist is tainted big time. Good luck getting any serious responses from Craigslist the vast majority of the replies will be from scammers.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:20 PM

52 posts, read 84,767 times
Or you can try posting free ads on Khrido Atlanta I came across some good paintings / artwork ads in my area.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 AM

5,019 posts, read 8,795,159 times
Have you tried Etsy?

Google "art fair" and also "art league" and your location and see what you find. An art fair is usually a one-time deal where you pay for booth space. If it is "juried" you will need to send samples of your work to be accepted. It's a bit more work, but the audience will also be a bit more narrow/focused than at a flea market.

Local art leagues often offer galleries where members can sell their work. You may need to pay a membership fee or volunteer hours in order to participate.

Our local farmers market offers booth space to artists and craftspeople. You may check to see if some in your area do as well.

Local (not chain) cafes, coffee shops and hair salons will sometimes allow artists to hang (and sell) work in their space.

If you work is high-quality you might consider contacting local interior designers/decorators.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation