Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 AM

527 posts, read 1,323,782 times

Advertisements

Hi, just throwing this thread out here to see what happens. I've been disc golfing on and off since 2002 and have even played in a tournament or two. Most people find it funny when I tell them I play because they think of normal golf first and have a hard time getting a good picture in their head. So my questions for you are: what kind of discs do you prefer? Your favorite courses? Technique and style?

I have mostly Innova Discs. Favorite course is Zephyr Cove in Tahoe. I throw right overhand with 2 fingers under. I have made only 1 ace since I started.

Zephyr Cove
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 09:02 PM

196 posts, read 1,037,819 times
I love to play. I live just a couple of blocks from a small course. Most people in my area are familiar with disc golf. It seems most towns have a course these days. I have never played in a tournament though. I'm not that good. It's just a cheap, relaxing hobby for me. That is a cool picture you posted!

Old 10-26-2009, 01:07 AM

Yeah that's a picture of Zephyer Cove, hole 8 I believe. This is my favorite course so far, where do you use usually play? Do you have any pictures?

Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,232,240 times
You need to call it "disk golf", lest you'll be sued by the Frisbee® people.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
You need to call it "disk golf", lest you'll be sued by the Frisbee® people.
Who would sue someone to have them NOT mention their product

Anyways, Disk Golf is awesome.

When I lived in Albuquerque I played at Roosevelt Park mostly, but there are two other courses.

I moved to DC and played at Bluemont Park in Arlington.

I mostly use Innova disks as well, as they are easiest to find and I don't know that much about disks to but some of the more expensive ones.

I, too, use a two finger shot for driving, but I found one finger worked well for long putts for me.

Also, one career ace. Roosevelt, Hole #5

Old 10-26-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Who would sue someone to have them NOT mention their product

Anyways, Disk Golf is awesome.

When I lived in Albuquerque I played at Roosevelt Park mostly, but there are two other courses.

I moved to DC and played at Bluemont Park in Arlington.

I mostly use Innova disks as well, as they are easiest to find and I don't know that much about disks to but some of the more expensive ones.

I, too, use a two finger shot for driving, but I found one finger worked well for long putts for me.

Also, one career ace. Roosevelt, Hole #5
thanks for the responses! I also use the 1 finger style for putting works rather well!

Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
I always toss a couple of discs in my suitcase when I travel for business, so I've gotten to play in Colorado, Louisiana, South Carolina and Georgia in addition to courses near me in PA. We have a couple of good courses within an hour of home. Tyler State Park has 27 holes, each with three different pin placements, Nockamixon is beautifully wooded and rocky, and has some killer 800 foot holes, there's a new course at French Creek, and the second oldest course in the country, Sedgely, is now 27 holes. My favorite disc is an Innova Valkyrie.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:35 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
btw, Disc Golf Course Review is a great site.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:20 PM

Wow, I didn't realize there are courses with 27 holes, that is great. I have several valkyries in my collection, they are really handy and a classic driver.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:52 AM

520 posts, read 895,835 times
I actually toyed around with idea of starting a thread similar to this. My favorite disc is my Innova Destroyer, most of my other discs are Innova as well. I've never had an ace, though several times now I've had my drive skip off the ground and either hit the basket or nick the chains.

I mostly throw RHBH, though I have been practicing my RHFH. oh, and I can finally throw an anhyzer.

Mostly play courses around Milwaukee, WI; Brown Deer, Dretzka, Deinin(sp?) etc..

This coming May, some friends and I will be participating in the Second Annual Lay Man's Disc Golf Sabbatical. Basically we gave a title to an entire weekend of disc golf and camping. Last year we hit 15 courses in 3 days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation