Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM

968 posts, read 2,589,148 times

Advertisements

I don't see any threads on fishing. Just wondering if anyone here likes to fish?

I'm in Michigan so I'm into freshwater but post away if you fish the ocean too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 04:37 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
I also like freshwater fishing. Most of what I've done in my life has been in the mountains of California, both in streams and lakes. Most of that has been for trout, though I've fished for a few other species, as well.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Love to fish, spend most of the summer in the mountians fishing streams for trout, i do go to a few lakes but my heart is in the small streams and rivers. With the snow and rain we are getting it may be a good year.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:11 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times
I like to fish for small mouth bass and the various trout found in my neck of the woods. I mostly fish from my 14' 3" polyethylene sit on top style fishing kayak. It has a remote control electric motor on the stern, down rigger, fish-finder, rod holders, beer cooler and cd player.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I like to fish for small mouth bass and the various trout found in my neck of the woods. I mostly fish from my 14' 3" polyethylene sit on top style fishing kayak. It has a remote control electric motor on the stern, down rigger, fish-finder, rod holders, beer cooler and cd player.

haha thats what I'm talkin about. I mostly fish the lakes for walleye, I have a little 14ft boat with a 6hp motor. I also have all the toys, fish finder, GPS, trolling motor, underwater cam. Of course I have a beer cooler.

I love to stream fish for trout as well but I only get to do that when I go to northern Michigan. Not many clean streams in the Metro Detroit area. Right now we are in the middle of one of the worst ice fishing seasons I've experienced in a long time. Ice is really thick and its been really cold and windy almost everyday. I'm ready to get my boat back out.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 AM

410 posts, read 515,146 times
I am from Port Alberni and there are alot of lakes here. I like fishing for trout. I want to learn how to use a fly fishing rod. I heard it takes practice. I also like to fish for rock cod, ling cod, halibut, and salmon on the ocean. There is some really good fishing here.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:14 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,055 times
Love to fish!! I fish for mostly largemouth, smallmouth and pike here in Michigan. I love to fish on any clear/semi clear lake, but I also love rivers. If you want to be forced to learn how to be a great caster, go floating down a river. My absolute favorite fishing to do? Go out about 10 o-clock to about 2 o-clock in the morning and do some night fishing.....wow, gets me excited just thinking about it!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Love to fish!! I fish for mostly largemouth, smallmouth and pike here in Michigan. I love to fish on any clear/semi clear lake, but I also love rivers. If you want to be forced to learn how to be a great caster, go floating down a river. My absolute favorite fishing to do? Go out about 10 o-clock to about 2 o-clock in the morning and do some night fishing.....wow, gets me excited just thinking about it!
night fishing rules. Thats the only way to catch walleyes. On any friday night you'll find me on the lakes in Oakland county.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
night fishing rules. Thats the only way to catch walleyes. On any friday night you'll find me on the lakes in Oakland county.
I have caught (and lost) some of my biggest bass at night. There is nothing like throwing a topwater lure on a warm, calm night and hearing that huge smash as the bass hits the lure! Wow what a rush! Another good thing is you can fish from shore at night easier if you dont have a boat, since the bass love to come up in the very shallow water. I am not a huge Walleye fisher, but the ones I have caught were some great fighters!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times
I was drift mooching for salmon on a fast power boat in the narrows of the Puget Sound one day and caught nothing but Pollock. I also had a small casting rig that I was using for working the surface. Well at the end of my fishing day and while I headed back home (to Salmon Beach), I had one of my little spinners skipping off the top while I raced full speed home. A nice size salmon hooked up to my spinner and I didn't even know it until I stopped the boat to haul it up the slip. That goes to show how fast fish can swim and that you can troll at any freaking speed and still catch fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation