U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Metro Washington DC
13,093 posts, read 19,923,341 times
Reputation: 7715

Advertisements

I picked Vancouver but I hope Boston wins. I'm liking Vancouver less than before after watching this series so far.

 
Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 PM
 
5,456 posts, read 6,897,712 times
Reputation: 4235
I loved the Boston players shoving their fingers at the Canucks' mouths during scrums.

Big time cheap shot by Rome. Would've loved to see a Bruin do the same to one of the twins.

Chara or Lucic needs to drop the gloves and go after one of the Canucks; Thornton needs to go after Torres. Its a shame the refs threw Thornton out with so much time to play. It would have been fun to watch a good fight.
 
Old 06-08-2011, 02:08 AM
 
6,418 posts, read 10,856,125 times
Reputation: 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I loved the Boston players shoving their fingers at the Canucks' mouths during scrums.

Big time cheap shot by Rome. Would've loved to see a Bruin do the same to one of the twins.

Chara or Lucic needs to drop the gloves and go after one of the Canucks; Thornton needs to go after Torres. Its a shame the refs threw Thornton out with so much time to play. It would have been fun to watch a good fight.
No. And that's why the refs (at least attempted to) take control of the game.

No cheap shots are good. No matter who it is (although it's really hard for me to think about the cook top.

Those girls will bake alive if we leave them be.


Let's leave them be.
 
Old 06-08-2011, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Asheville
7,529 posts, read 6,146,398 times
Reputation: 6869
man these Bruins are hot, 12-1 the last two games. They're just outworking the Nucks.

2 games that could have easily gone the other way in Vancouver and two blow outs in Boston, the Cunucks are lucky this is a 2-2 series.

Vancouver better answer the bell at home in game 5 because this series screams over to me.
 
Old 06-08-2011, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,756 posts, read 5,406,221 times
Reputation: 4623
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
man these Bruins are hot, 12-1 the last two games. They're just outworking the Nucks.

2 games that could have easily gone the other way in Vancouver and two blow outs in Boston, the Cunucks are lucky this is a 2-2 series.

Vancouver better answer the bell at home in game 5 because this series screams over to me.
Yeah, the Momentum is totally with the Bruins now, after outscoring Vancouver 12-1 over the past two games. none of these dudes have prolly gotten whacked like that since junior hockey. I don't see how the Canucks are gonna shake that off, mentally, even if they are going back home Friday night.
You could see it on their faces on their bench after Boston went up 4-zip in Game 4 tonite. All those Canucks sitting there looked like they just got a shot of novacine. Like they knew it was over. I think they sorta shot their wad in the first two games, trying to--and doing a good job of--beating Boston at their own game of head-knockin' hockey. But now I think the Bruins are peaking at the right time.
But now Boston has their special teams play back on track, and Thomas (their keeper) is in The Zone. 37 saves!
The Cup is coming back to Beantown.
 
Old 06-09-2011, 06:16 AM
 
81 posts, read 172,491 times
Reputation: 97
I would bet the house that the bruins locker room is very level headed right now. Their coaching staff will not let them get ahead of themselves despite two absolute blowouts. To win the cup, they need to win one in Vancouver which will be difficult. Expect game 5 to be ďgame 1Ē for both of these clubs.

Fortunatly, Bostonís first four games have all been good, even with the loss. Vancouvers has not. Boston will continue to bring it. Vancouver is thin on D, and Bostons cycling and forcheck got the better of them. It will continue to do so. On the flip side, Vancouverís PP is a measly 6 %. Bostonís D in the neutral zone and in their end looks like a Stanley cup winner. Burrows/sedinís canít solve this Defensive system at all.

I like where this is going. A win in Vancouver and Iíll be losing sleep until Monday nightÖ
 
Old 06-09-2011, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Seattle
1,568 posts, read 2,792,477 times
Reputation: 1601
Boston needs to come out strong in Canuck-land on Friday. If Vancouver can score a couple early--watch the Bruins deflate. This is all about the Big Mo...and the B's have it and a lot of it! If Boston scores early and often on Friday...strike up the band in Gov't Center, the cup is coming home.

Heck, I'm getting antsy just talking about it.

Let's go BRUINS!
 
Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 PM
 
239 posts, read 304,886 times
Reputation: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Boston needs to come out strong in Canuck-land on Friday. If Vancouver can score a couple early--watch the Bruins deflate. This is all about the Big Mo...and the B's have it and a lot of it! If Boston scores early and often on Friday...strike up the band in Gov't Center, the cup is coming home.

Heck, I'm getting antsy just talking about it.

Let's go BRUINS!
What gets me is that the so called experts still think the Canucks are the better team.

I would love to see the Bruins win it. And have another origial six team bring the cup to there home.
 
Old 06-10-2011, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,860,426 times
Reputation: 16189
Canucks are showing a textbook example of Eurotrash hockey.
 
Old 06-10-2011, 01:38 PM
 
Location: New York City
83 posts, read 244,626 times
Reputation: 103
If Boston can steal game 5 on the road, they're taking it in 6. A couple of bounces go Boston's way in games 1 and 2, Boston sweeps. Vancouver is extremely lucky this is a 2-2 series. And if Boston wins in another blowout tonight, expect Schneider to start game 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top