U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:42 PM

416 posts, read 941,395 times

Advertisements

All day I was looking forward to the VAN-CHI game!
Every guide I checked, including Versus, claimed that they were covering the VAN-CHI game (1) tonight.
Even the ticker at the bottom of the screen on VS., says VAN-CHI NEXT.
So,
Why the hell am I stuck looking at overtime between NY Rangers-Washington???
I DONT need to hear any crap about:
-how NY is the center of the universe and they had to change at the last minute
-how overtime is so important that they had to PRE-EMPT!
WHY DID VERSUS LIE!!!
I hate New York and never want to see them play!! I wish they did not get lucky and sneak into the playoffs!
Besides, most New Yorkers are so stupid that they dont even know anything about hockey and are to busy babbling about how great the Yankees are at this very moment!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 09:17 PM

416 posts, read 941,395 times
Thank GOD Washington FINALLY scored to end this nonsense, and we can finally view the real game.
My only regret is that I had to miss Vancouver's 2 first period goals.
I hope Washington can win it decisively on Friday so we dont see a repeat of this foolishness again.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:30 AM

32,378 posts, read 59,846,787 times
*shrug* The last half hour of the Caps-Rangers game was on my TV schedule, following the Red Wings-Coyotes. It's not Versus' fault the game went into overtime.

Anyway, from a ratings -- and cliffhanger -- standpoint, any sports producer worth his salt would have postponed showing the first period of one game to show the overtime period of another.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:46 AM

2,790 posts, read 5,702,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
*shrug* The last half hour of the Caps-Rangers game was on my TV schedule, following the Red Wings-Coyotes. It's not Versus' fault the game went into overtime.

Anyway, from a ratings -- and cliffhanger -- standpoint, any sports producer worth his salt would have postponed showing the first period of one game to show the overtime period of another.
Red Wings-Coyotes game did not go into overtime, Red Wings won in regulation play; can't imagine why your programming was so messed up. The Detroit game was blacked out on Versus here, which seemed odd because the game was sold out. Thanks goodness for FSD and the CBC!

Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 AM

8,340 posts, read 14,102,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Red Wings-Coyotes game did not go into overtime, Red Wings won in regulation play; can't imagine why your programming was so messed up. The Detroit game was blacked out on Versus here, which seemed odd because the game was sold out. Thanks goodness for FSD and the CBC!
It was probably blacked out on Versus because FSD was showing the game. It is very common for national broadcasts to be blacked out if the local station has the game.

I can't speak for OhioGirl, but it sounds like she was referring to the Caps game being in OT, not the Wings game. Which would make sense, considering the Caps game went to OT.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:33 AM

1,966 posts, read 3,849,623 times
What really pizzed me off was that Caps/Rangers was supposed to be on Versus not Wings/Coyotes (according to NHL Network, etc.) Luckily, I was able to find the game online but I wasn't happy until Semin scored

Old 04-14-2011, 08:50 AM

32,378 posts, read 59,846,787 times
Quote:
Red Wings-Coyotes game did not go into overtime, Red Wings won in regulation play; can't imagine why your programming was so messed up.
A) Yes, I realize that; I watched the whole the damn game.
2) My programming was not messed up. You did not read my post correctly.

Here's what my TV schedule read last night:
  • Red Wings/Coyotes for two and a half hours or whatever; I think it was 7-9:30? Something like that.
  • Caps/Rangers for a half hour between the Red Wings/Coyotes and Blackhaws/Canucks. So if the previous game was to end at 9:30, the Caps/Rangers were to be shown from 9:30 to 10.
  • Blackhawks/Canucks followed at 10.

Versus had planned to show the last half hour of the Caps/Rangers, at least according to the schedule shown on my TV. I thought it was a great idea; we got to see a portion of a third game instead of just two. It was not Versus' fault that the Caps/Rangers went into overtime.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,879,146 times
I was at a pub thats known as 'the hockey bar' in the area. It was packed with folks wanting to watch Chicago-Vancouver. They couldn't find it on any other channel despite the sports packages they purchased. People were pissed that VS has exclusive rights on the broadcast. It stinks they only have one channel. At least ESPN would have started the game on another channel.

Much hate for VS last night.

People cheered when Wash scored in OT. YEAH! GAME OVER! GET THE HAWKS ON!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 PM

10,902 posts, read 23,181,918 times
oh it was on hockey night in canada ch.3 then again I live in vancouver so it should be on anyways awsome game but since this is vancouver and unless we go to the finals it is alomost bad luck to say we look like we have a shot this year

Old 04-16-2011, 12:30 AM

353 posts, read 803,895 times
lol, love being near the US Border with Canada. Screw Versus, I've got access to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and its Hockey Night in Canada (in the Northern USA) haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or