U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:26 PM

13,217 posts, read 17,948,587 times

Advertisements

Canucks.

There was really only one team in the Eastern Conference with a combination of both adequate firepower in the event of a high-scoring game and enough defense to potentially neutralize an opponent's firepower, but it lost much of its firepower the moment its two best players were lost for the season to injuries. Once that happened, I knew that the eventual Stanley Cup champions were coming from the Western Conference.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:36 PM

1,966 posts, read 3,848,219 times
I'll say Canucks in 6. Wouldn't be surprised to see a split in the first 2 games followed by a split in the next 2 then Canucks win both game 5 and 6.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:25 PM

207 posts, read 685,714 times
Canuck in 5 !

Old 06-02-2011, 03:55 PM

4,969 posts, read 7,316,202 times
After last nights game, I wouldn't be suprised to see a Canucks sweep.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 AM

81 posts, read 172,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
After last nights game, I wouldn't be suprised to see a Canucks sweep.
You mean a game where sendins where off the scoring sheet, Boston generated a ton of offense, shut down their PP, and played well in net? That was anyone’s game, and arguably boston played better in the first 40. Remember, they are playing at 11pm while Vancouver was playing at 8pm. That makes a difference in ice hockey.

Not making predictions on this series. Its close. Boston matches up well against the canuks, but the canuks are deep and strong in every category. I’d go as far to say Boston is underdogs. If they had Senguin a few years from now, they’d be much more dangerous up front. Its amazing what a few years will do to a player - look at Kesler…

Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 AM

416 posts, read 941,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangles View Post
You mean a game where sendins where off the scoring sheet, Boston generated a ton of offense, shut down their PP, and played well in net? That was anyone’s game, and arguably boston played better in the first 40. Remember, they are playing at 11pm while Vancouver was playing at 8pm. That makes a difference in ice hockey.

Not making predictions on this series. Its close. Boston matches up well against the canuks, but the canuks are deep and strong in every category. I’d go as far to say Boston is underdogs. If they had Senguin a few years from now, they’d be much more dangerous up front. Its amazing what a few years will do to a player - look at Kesler…
What game were you watching??
I saw Vancouver dominate. It was like shooting fish in a barrell !!
Unfortunately they could only shoot one fish with 19 seconds left. Vancouver should have won 3 or 4-0.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 AM

4,847 posts, read 6,356,456 times

YouTube - ‪A Boston Bruins Fan in Vancouver (Stanley Cup Final 2011)‬‏

Old 06-03-2011, 11:51 AM

81 posts, read 172,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1968 View Post
What game were you watching??
I saw Vancouver dominate. It was like shooting fish in a barrell !!
Unfortunately they could only shoot one fish with 19 seconds left. Vancouver should have won 3 or 4-0.
Bruins outshot Vancouver and kept the league’s best PP to 0 goals. Likewise they generated many scoring chances and won in the faceoff category as well. It was a close game no doubt about it, and Vancouver won on a play that was about as close to offsides as you’ll see these days. If I was coaching Boston, I wouldn’t change a thing. That game was well played and they will get rewarded with goals.

Again, not making a prediction. Both teams can win it.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:30 PM

4,969 posts, read 7,316,202 times
Quote:

11pm vs. 8pm dude? The Canucks had the stranger start time, 500p, if you want to be that technical.....

Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 PM

30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Quote:

Actually the Vancouver games are being played at 5 pm Pacific time, (8 pm Eastern) so your excuse for Boston doesn't quite make it...I'm not concerned with the Sedins being pointless in that game...They still did some pretty amazing stuff. There is no way Boston will hold them off the score board. All four Vancouver lines are scoring threats for Boston, and I doubt that they will be able to contain them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or