U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:36 PM

10,902 posts, read 23,184,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
The Green Men are f-ing retarded. I have no problem with opposing fans going to other stadiums (I'm sure Vancouver has some great fans), but I hate attention whores like these guys...and they're not even original attention whores! If you're going to pull the "look at me!" bit, do it on your home ice. I truly hope they get their teeth knocked out.

That Aaron Rome hit was disgusting. The biting incident in Game 1 was bush league but I wasn't angered by it...if Lucic had been the one doing it I probably would have laughed...however the Rome hit was pathetic. If he isn't suspended, I hope he leaves Boston in a box.
look I admit the hit was a bad late hit but wanting a player dead over a late hit in a very grey area is not very sportsman like either.

I am canucks fan and think it sucked too and nobody wants to see that happen to someone. The fact reamins Rome did not deliberately try to hurt Nathan Horton with the hit. But rather this is the playoffs and this is hockey and accidents happen.

I do belive Rome will get a 1 game suspension and I know for sure a he will get a massive fine.

"if Lucic had been the one doing it I probably would have laughed"

you do know Milan Lucic is born and raised in Vancouver and played for the Vancouver giants in the WHL and he helped the Giants to a WHL title in 2006. plus in 2011 he was added to the Vancouver Giants Ring of Honour, showcasing the top Giants alumni of all-time.

anyways the hit sucks but now we have a one heck of a series and it beats the rather boring and low scoring of games 1 and 2.

anyways I am a lifelong, diehard Canucks fan and all I can say is GO! Canucks GO!

and I hope Nathan Horton is ok and is able to make a comeback for his team. Cause being sidelined during the stanley cup finals would be horrible. since, it is so hard to get there and most hockey players dream of this their whole lifes.

Last edited by GTOlover; 06-06-2011 at 10:46 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 07:20 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,509,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
look I admit the hit was a bad late hit but wanting a player dead over a late hit in a very grey area is not very sportsman like either.
It was a figure of speech. I don't want him to die, but if he isn't punished by the NHL, I hope the Bruins make him pay for it.

Quote:
I am canucks fan and think it sucked too and nobody wants to see that happen to someone. The fact reamins Rome did not deliberately try to hurt Nathan Horton with the hit. But rather this is the playoffs and this is hockey and accidents happen.
He didn't? So what we his intention when he head-hunted a guy who had make two strides without the puck in the open ice?

Quote:
"if Lucic had been the one doing it I probably would have laughed"
That was referring to the biting incident...I certainly wouldn't have laughed if he had been the one delivering the hit if that's how you interpreted my statement. However, I did laugh about him smacking around Burrows last night.

Quote:
you do know Milan Lucic is born and raised in Vancouver and played for the Vancouver giants in the WHL and he helped the Giants to a WHL title in 2006. plus in 2011 he was added to the Vancouver Giants Ring of Honour, showcasing the top Giants alumni of all-time.
I was aware Lucic was from the area...but with all due respect what does all this have to do with anything?

Quote:
anyways the hit sucks but now we have a one heck of a series and it beats the rather boring and low scoring of games 1 and 2.

anyways I am a lifelong, diehard Canucks fan and all I can say is GO! Canucks GO!

and I hope Nathan Horton is ok and is able to make a comeback for his team. Cause being sidelined during the stanley cup finals would be horrible. since, it is so hard to get there and most hockey players dream of this their whole lifes.
I agree with the rest of your post...last night was a great win, but it's only one game. Hopefully the B's can keep it going for Game 4 and be able to carry it back to Vancouver where they lost two heart-breakers.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 AM

81 posts, read 172,566 times
So what happens when you have a bunch of guys head hunting, chirping like fools, and trying to embellish calls for the refs? Its called pissing off a bruins team that has been playing great all series. The difference is they got some bounces, and made Vancouver look stupid. It was no coincidence that Boston smacked philly around after last years debacle, and I think Vancouver last night invoked the same emotion. After the OT win , ď we played our worst game of the playoffsĒ. No, you didnítÖthat was game 3.

Oddly enough, this series was close and I expect it to be. Boston changed up their play and started going east/west more, especially on the PP. Their PK is aggressive and giving Vancouver fits right now. And when Boston makes a dumb play like Macquaids backhand to start the break out, Timmy Thomas is a brick wall.

If I was coaching the Canuks, Iíd tell them to cut the **** and start playing their brand of hockey. Take a page out of Guy Boucherís book. If I was Bostonís coach, Iíd tell them to keep doing what they are doing since games 1,2, and 3 where all great games. Jillian already told his guys to cut the crap and will likely discipline a few of the guys for what they did in game 3. Donít expect to see it in game 4. Its all business. This win is behind both teams. Expect a close one in boston.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:44 AM

BTW GTOlover, Boston sports radio is announcing Horton has a severe concussion and is done for at least the series if not into next season.

Given that info, I think it would be appropriate for Rome to be out the rest of the series. Before anyone starts saying "if every time someone got injured you suspended the hitter.."--this isn't the same. It's one thing to have an injury as a result of normal play. It's another situation when the hit is late, blind-sided, in open ice, leaving your feet hit to the head. I'm sure he will only get one game but that shot deserves more.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 AM

81 posts, read 172,566 times
Rome done for the series. Good call. Nothing good about that hit. Vancouverís D will arguably suffer a little as they already had some trouble with Bostonís cycle game. Than again, who hasnít. Will the canuks double shift their top guys? Playing 5 D clearly takes its toll after 3 periods of play..

Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1968 View Post
What game were you watching??
I saw Vancouver dominate. It was like shooting fish in a barrell !!
Unfortunately they could only shoot one fish with 19 seconds left. Vancouver should have won 3 or 4-0.
It's kind of funny to look back at this comment now. This isn't to say the Bruins are necessarily going to win the series, but the "dominating" 1-0 performance of Game 1 was really put into perspective the last two games.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:08 PM

179 posts, read 351,378 times
i've played hockey since i was about 10 (and am 33 now).

I've always played goalie.

I hate Luongo.

Let's go Bruins!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:21 AM

1,632 posts, read 403,677 times
I'm subscribed to the Associated Press on Youtube, and when they made a video about the beginning of the Stanley Cup Finals, I made a comment predicting the Canucks in 6, so I think Vancouver will win this next game in Boston to win their first cup.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM

13,222 posts, read 17,963,194 times
So far in these Stanley Cup Finals, Boston has cumulatively outscored Vancouver, 14-6. The problem is, 12 of Boston's 14 goals were scored in two games, and they've been shut out in two other games.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM

83 posts, read 244,766 times
If Vancouver wins in 7, I can see Thomas winning Conn Smythe despite it being in a losing effort. When you look at his numbers, he's not far off from Giguere in '03:

Thomas('11)- 14-9/2.07 GAA/.937 SV%/3 SO
Giguere('03)- 15-6/1.62 GAA/.945 SV%/5 SO

Thomas also has potentially 2 games left to make a run. With 2 good games, he can gets his GAA to around 1.90 and his SV% to .940 or better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or