U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 AM

14,582 posts, read 22,426,770 times

Advertisements

Congrats to the Bruins first of all.

I'm glad the Canucks choked because I hate that team.

And the riots! What's this all aboot?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,882,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
How classless! It sounds like the Vancouver fans are booing the Bruins. How rude!!! Unless I'm hearing things, but it sounds like booing to me. Poor sportsmanship all the way. I know hockey is a Canadian sport, but come on, have some class!!!!!
Agree. I was listening and thought Canadians were supposed to respect the game. Not so much. Maybe thats why they have gutless captains.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:23 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,882,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
They booed Bettman. Its a tradition to boo Gary Bettman the commisioner. Didn't you notice the cheers when the Cup came out and when Chara took it? I thought Vancouver fans actually showed class by NOT booing the Bruins. Nice ovation for Lucic, a local boy.

Notice that most of the fans stayed to watch the Cup being presented. Its our version of the Holy Grail and demands respect from all hockey fans
Yes they booed Bettman but they booed the Bs as well. I wasn't impressed.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,014,142 times
Lost a ton of respect for Vancouver fans. We lost, lets tear apart out lovely city. Idiots! That is the second time they have done this that I can remember (the other being in 1994). Vancouver must have the stupidest fans in North American sports. You'd think that title would go to Boston, NY or Philly sports fans. But, no...it's lovely Vancouver of all places!!

Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 AM

5,706 posts, read 8,130,988 times
Down goes Canada! Down goes Canada! Down goes Canada!

Old 06-16-2011, 11:12 AM

9,967 posts, read 14,621,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Lost a ton of respect for Vancouver fans. We lost, lets tear apart out lovely city. Idiots! That is the second time they have done this that I can remember (the other being in 1994). Vancouver must have the stupidest fans in North American sports. You'd think that title would go to Boston, NY or Philly sports fans. But, no...it's lovely Vancouver of all places!!
On the subject of who has classier fans, does anyone remember when Montreal and Boston were playing in the playoffs in 2004 and Montreal fans booed and mocked the Star Spangled Banner before the game. When the series returned to Boston, what did the fans do there in response? They cheered and gave a standing ovation to the singing of "O Canada." Boston's a great hockey town...

YouTube - ‪Boston's response to Montreal booing the US National Anthem 4/15/04‬‏

Last edited by Deezus; 06-16-2011 at 11:27 AM..

Old 06-16-2011, 04:13 PM

13,107 posts, read 19,948,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
On the subject of who has classier fans, does anyone remember when Montreal and Boston were playing in the playoffs in 2004 and Montreal fans booed and mocked the Star Spangled Banner before the game. When the series returned to Boston, what did the fans do there in response? They cheered and gave a standing ovation to the singing of "O Canada." Boston's a great hockey town...

YouTube - ‪Boston's response to Montreal booing the US National Anthem 4/15/04‬‏
That isn't the first time, nor is it the last time that has happened. I thought Habs fans booed the US National anthem this year too. Not sure, but I recall it being mentioned on some blog during their series.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:02 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,980,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
These aren't fans..They are freaking thugs...I am ashamed that these people call themselves Vancouver fans
Sanspeur is right.They are freaking thugs. But there is another issue here that has nothing to do with Vancouver Canuck hockey fans. Or for that matter, even hockey. And unfortunately the Vancouver police department were outmanned and a half.

There is a sizable anarchist movement presence in the Pacific Northwest. Quite sizable in Seattle, and now Vancouver is getting the publicity on this. Various news stations has shown video on this afternoon and just a half hour ago on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams there was a three minute story with video on this. I took a real close look at this and not surprisingly I saw pretty much all guys, looked to be 25 years old or less, smashing windows on businesses, upending cars, causing fires, etc., etc. And it's a fair bet, to me anyway, that damn few people in this mob would know what icing, cross checking, or a two line pass is.

And I'm sorry, they are not hockey fans. As the video was shown I could make out a few of these f-sticks wearing Colorado Avalanche jerseys. Now why would they be wearing them? Well, if memory serves when the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup in 1996, they had a similar incident there as well but not quite like this one (though that situation was a bad scene.)

The law enforcement people in Vancouver are going to have their hands full with what little video surveillance they have to work with. We're not talking a couple hundred here, we're talking a few thousand. Out of the thousands that were in the crowd, how many people were the ones who were doing the actual damage? Not sure. I'm sure that law enforcement is going to take a hard look at the social websites like Facebook. That at least is a start. But a whole bunch of these thugs are going to walk because of the sheer number of all this.

It's an absolute embarrassment to the city of Vancouver.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 06-16-2011 at 07:49 PM..

Old 06-16-2011, 07:10 PM

10,791 posts, read 7,689,890 times
This "anarchist" movement seems to be an excuse for shiftless spoiled brats with an overarching sense of entitlement to destroy things senselessly and get away with it - because it's a "movement", a "cause". Yeah, right! Worthless thugs and turds is all they are.

Congrats to the Bruins, you were amazing to watch.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:31 PM

1,568 posts, read 2,794,599 times
Pretty sad about the Vancouver rioting. What confuses me is...why didn't the police just roll down there with some rubber bullets and put an end to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or