Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 03:18 PM

68 posts, read 242,938 times

Advertisements

Isles are impressing the heck out of me, what a whale of a game against the conference leaders,man I'm starting to think the Isles will be this year's version of the Jets!! Go Isles...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 05:53 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,084,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4satnleycups View Post
Isles are impressing the heck out of me, what a whale of a game against the conference leaders,man I'm starting to think the Isles will be this year's version of the Jets!! Go Isles...
Very impressive victory.I'm noticing more and more that our shot total has been far greater then the opposition lately.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:06 PM

602 posts, read 2,026,074 times
DP is making a hell of a comeback, shutting out the Devils, nice.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:21 AM

Next up, the Pens. Tough game, we have to keep our shot total up, we cannot play run and gun with the Pens, we have to play smart hockey, have to keep their shots down to a minimum. I'd put Rollie in this game, have to bring along DP slowly...

Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Next up, the Pens. Tough game, we have to keep our shot total up, we cannot play run and gun with the Pens, we have to play smart hockey, have to keep their shots down to a minimum. I'd put Rollie in this game, have to bring along DP slowly...
I was thinking exactly the same thing.We don't want to push it with DP. The only thing that worries me is that they might play Biron any day now to show other teams that he is still a good goalie and to also showcase his trade value right now.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:09 PM

we lost a game where we outshout the opponent once more, you cannot get into a shootout with the Pens, they have two of the best players in the NHL. we had to keep the score down in this one to have a chance, the Isles showed a big heart coming from behind twice. next up the Panthers a team we have had trouble with lately, but must beat!!

Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
we lost a game where we outshout the opponent once more, you cannot get into a shootout with the Pens, they have two of the best players in the NHL. we had to keep the score down in this one to have a chance, the Isles showed a big heart coming from behind twice. next up the Panthers a team we have had trouble with lately, but must beat!!
Have you realized that when Rollie gets games off,he doesn't bounce back as good as when he is playing every game? I was glad to see the comeback and locking it at 4 but tough not getting at least a point from this one.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,491,618 times
I have a problem.

We moved to LI a few years ago. I am a die hard ranger fan...born and raised Ranger Blue. However my wife is starting to like the Isles more and more. I made the mistake of taking her to a Isles game a few weeks back and now she is all into it. She it throwing out craziness like "I want an Okposo Jersey" and 'That guy Streit is great at the point".

We are a house divided.

I gotta admit though...Nassau Coliseum...for all the flack it takes is a pretty cool place to watch a game.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
I have a problem.

We moved to LI a few years ago. I am a die hard ranger fan...born and raised Ranger Blue. However my wife is starting to like the Isles more and more. I made the mistake of taking her to a Isles game a few weeks back and now she is all into it. She it throwing out craziness like "I want an Okposo Jersey" and 'That guy Streit is great at the point".

We are a house divided.

I gotta admit though...Nassau Coliseum...for all the flack it takes is a pretty cool place to watch a game.
You're absolutely right.The coliseum is a great place to watch a game and most of the time it isn't too crowded but they badly need to update it.As far as jerseys go,i'd suggest Ebay first.A house divided? Growing up my father and I were Yankee fans,my brother a mets fan.In football my father likes the giants,my brother-eagles,me-pittsburgh.Basketball, my father and brother like the knicks,and I like Golden State.So as far as a house divided goes,i've definitely been there.Just be careful when a team must win to move on,those can be very LOUD times. Go Islanders!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 PM

Isles have to put a hurting on the Panthers tonight, they have to get the monkey off their back and make a statement...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey