U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM

4,856 posts, read 6,386,547 times

Advertisements

I thought this was a mockumentary at first. Looks like its a legit campaign by Peter Forsberg after watching. He wants to move NHL weekend games to fit a European time schedule for the NHL to reach a wider audience and allegedly make NHL games more accessible for American families (parents that don't want kids up too late, I guess).

Interesting video.

Peter Forsberg Petition For More NHL Games on Prime Time in Europe (HD) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 02:09 AM

23,801 posts, read 65,953,893 times
East coast games usually start at 1 am over here, so it might be a good idea.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,086,259 times
Dumb idea. I don't want to go to a saturday game at noon.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:20 AM

9,034 posts, read 16,471,250 times
I wouldn't mind some switches in scheduling .... I would love some earlier start times, especially on the weekends ...... hard to take young kids to a game that starts at 6, at least if you want to watch more than half of it

Looking at the Coyotes schedule they have one home game all year that starts before 6 ... it's a 2pm start on Monday Jan 16th ..... I don't think I get MLK day off from work, but if I do I would probably go to that one

Give me a couple weekend options at that start time and I would definitely be there

Old 11-12-2011, 05:31 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,774,102 times
Only places that care about Hockey are Russia and Scandinavia, maybe some other Central Euro countries.....

yea, why would they want to care about anyone outside N. America? Canadians already grumble that the NHL caters too much to the US, now a need to placate Europeans? Pff.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Only places that care about Hockey are Russia and Scandinavia, maybe some other Central Euro countries.....

yea, why would they want to care about anyone outside N. America? Canadians already grumble that the NHL caters too much to the US, now a need to placate Europeans? Pff.
As long as they have european players they european fans should be able to watch them play.
And it's only about saturdays and sundays anyway.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 AM

4,856 posts, read 6,386,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
As long as they have european players they european fans should be able to watch them play.
And it's only about saturdays and sundays anyway.
Should soccer leagues in Europe accommodate American fans but holding select games at a time suitable for an American television audience?

I have no problem with the NHL bumping up select games on the weekends. I think it's a good idea regardless of the reason but I don't think your argument is too solid.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Should soccer leagues in Europe accommodate American fans but holding select games at a time suitable for an American television audience?

I have no problem with the NHL bumping up select games on the weekends. I think it's a good idea regardless of the reason but I don't think your argument is too solid.
It might be easier to play hockey in the middle of the day though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or