U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2011, 09:22 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 2,160,978 times
Reputation: 1616

Advertisements

NHL approves radical four-conference alignment plan - ESPN


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2011, 10:41 PM
 
Location: San Jose
1,858 posts, read 2,094,408 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I have to say that I like it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,334 posts, read 21,906,527 times
Reputation: 33532
I approve...Secord Sucks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Asheville
7,529 posts, read 6,150,794 times
Reputation: 6869
I don't liike some conferences having 8 teams and others 7.


I also don't like that there will be 4 playoff teams in every conference, because there will be times when one conference has 5 steller teams and another that has one or two steller teams.


I don't hate it all though, I think Tampa being added to the Northeast (Adams) or whatever they're going to call it, will set a rivalry between them and Boston, coming off of there 7 game series last yr.

Is this official yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:00 AM
 
1,833 posts, read 2,160,978 times
Reputation: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
I don't liike some conferences having 8 teams and others 7.


I also don't like that there will be 4 playoff teams in every conference, because there will be times when one conference has 5 steller teams and another that has one or two steller teams.


I don't hate it all though, I think Tampa being added to the Northeast (Adams) or whatever they're going to call it, will set a rivalry between them and Boston, coming off of there 7 game series last yr.

Is this official yet?

It's been approved, though they didn't announce when it will be implemented. I think they're expecting a Phoenix move to Quebec City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
4,850 posts, read 6,366,804 times
Reputation: 5800
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
It's been approved, though they didn't announce when it will be implemented. I think they're expecting a Phoenix move to Quebec City.
Nope.

According to SI it could go into place as soon as next year. They're waiting on approval from the NHLPA.

NHL approves radical realignment plan - NHL - SI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 2,160,978 times
Reputation: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Nope.

According to SI it could go into place as soon as next year. They're waiting on approval from the NHLPA.

NHL approves radical realignment plan - NHL - SI.com

Could doesn't mean will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
64 posts, read 90,085 times
Reputation: 50
Does anyone else think Tampa Bay and Florida got a real raw deal in this when it comes to travel. It really doesn't make sense to me how they came with the two more easterly conferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 PM
 
Location: Lethbridge, AB
1,132 posts, read 1,654,330 times
Reputation: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringOldMike4554 View Post
Does anyone else think Tampa Bay and Florida got a real raw deal in this when it comes to travel. It really doesn't make sense to me how they came with the two more easterly conferences.
It does seem a bit strange to have those two teams in conference 'C' rather than 'D'. To my mind, it makes more sense to have New Jersey or the New York teams in 'C', rather than 'D'.

On the other hand, in general terms, this makes travel a lot better for a lot of teams. At least these conferences line up by time zone, more or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 05:05 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
4,850 posts, read 6,366,804 times
Reputation: 5800
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Could doesn't mean will.
Nor did I say it did. If never implemented it does not mean the Yotes are on the move to QC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top