U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 PM

7,835 posts, read 19,564,734 times

Advertisements

Being in Milwaukee we have a AHL team Milwaukee Admirals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and also being in Milwaukee I live 86 miles away from the United Center which is about hour and a half door to door. I go to a lot of Admirals games and a few Blackhawks games and I have thought about getting season tickets for the Admirals and was wondering where is the best position in an arena to watch a hockey game. I have heard 3 theories on this, 1. the 300 level at the united center and granted every arena is different.
2. 100 level and in the corners
3. 100 level all the way in the back or front row of 2nd level of any arena.

Where is the best place to see the whole ice and watch line changes and plays being setup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 10:52 PM

Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 PM

Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,653,198 times
I like to be between the blue lines, and just high enough that I have a clear view of the whole ice - something like the mid/upper level of section 200 on your Admirals diagram.

The corners and behind the goal right at ice level make for an entertaining game, as you get as up close and personal as possible. However, you won't see as much of the overall play.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 AM

46 posts, read 115,525 times
My favorite seats in the Bradley Center are section 212 and anything from Row S to Z. You get a great view of the net the Admirals attack twice and you're high enough where you can get a clear view of the other end of the ice.

I've been to many, many hockey games at the Bradley Center and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I was low in section 206 for game 2 of the Calder Cup Finals in 2006 and the view was fine. I was low in 213 right by the penalty boxes for game 4 of the 2006 Western Conference Finals and the view was fine even though I was low towards the ice.

I've been in the corners of the 400 level for hockey and even that view is good.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:51 AM

20,419 posts, read 37,629,184 times
"Best seats to watch a hockey game? "

My seats at the Consol...
Club level, right on the blue line in the end where the Pens shoot twice.

Honestly, there is not a bad seat in the house at the Consol. I think many newer arenas are the same way.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM

9,028 posts, read 16,424,156 times
to see the whole ice, line changes, etc you probably wont want to be too close to the ice & in the corners .... especially not for the price of a season ticket

I know some who will only go to games if they can get that close, but they are more interested in seeing bodies smushed and the other things you can get from that view

Personally, on a one off I love sitting close - the speed, sounds, having a puck bounce off the glass right in front of your face, the big checks, etc ........ i'll sacrifice some view for that on occasion

The other occasions I'll go for what is probably my favorite seat in the house - lower level, between the blue lines, about 15-20 rows up ...... just high enough where you don't get any obstruction and can really see the movement ..... they also tend to be a bit pricey

If I were ever in a position to buy season tickets for the coyotes, it would be a no brainer - I'd buy in the first few rows of the upper deck, between the blue lines ........ really good view from these seats, not much diminished from my favorite lower level seats, but a good deal cheaper (more so when you multiply over the 40+ games.......)

I also don't think i'd like to be in the lower corner for so many games as I do really enjoy seeing the changes, the development of the plays and the full ice

I also have a preference to sit across from the benches ..... i've had a couple times where I was low on the bench side and while it's fun to see the players interact, it's not so much fun looking through them and the extra glass trying to track the play ....... also, when sitting across from them you can see the changes a little bit better

Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 PM

7,218 posts, read 8,233,397 times
One of my favorite spots is along the goal line where the home team shoots twice, where the arena seats begin to curve. That moment when the puck blasts it's way into the back of net is worth it.

Plus those seats are usually cheaper and have few obstructions (i.e. no standing coaches, double layers of glass behind the penalty boxes that you get from lower level mid-ice seats). Oh, and no sitting near the loud horn under the scoreboard.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:43 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,358,168 times
I love the nosebleeds for hockey games. The closest I've been is 5th row. Being up close is a good experience but I hate having to turn my head to see all the action. I love to sit up top with a perfect view of everything. No need to turn my neck from side to side. Good on the wallet too.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:59 AM

34,365 posts, read 41,446,089 times
I like the front of the top rows and in the corners...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey