U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 PM

13,227 posts, read 18,001,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Adios, Bahstin.
Wow, each of the last four Stanley Cup champions is one-and-done this post-season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 02:27 PM

5,517 posts, read 9,028,571 times
Cant believe the Senators took it to 7 with the Rangers.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:22 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,451,934 times
While I am obviously disappointed at my Bruins loss last night, I am glad to see some "new faces" make it into the second round. It's good for the game, and some of these markets have been waiting quite a while for some success. I'm expecting some exciting games out west. Might be a little sleep deprived over the next few weeks.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 PM

13,125 posts, read 19,990,643 times
I'm finally going to get some sleep this year! Detroit has often played out west during the playoffs, with 10:30 pm start times, and me being a loyal fan, I've always stayed up to watch them. This year there has been no late games, and won't be. I'm going to sleep on time and just find out in the morning which western team won or lost. Although I wish the Wings were still playing, it's kind of nice this year to not lose any sleep. I'll be well rested for next years playoffs!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM

854 posts, read 2,529,912 times
stay classy, bruins fans.

NHL fans let loose with racist comments after loss - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
It had all the makings of a feel-good hockey moment - except the guy who scored the goal was black.
Soon after Joel Ward eliminated the defending Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins on Wednesday with a Game 7 overtime goal for the Washington Capitals, Twitter erupted in a shower of n-words and other racial insults.
''Go play basketball, hockey is a white sport,'' ''4th line black trash'' and ''white power'' were some of the nicer phrases tweeted by angry Boston fans. One said that the fact that a black player scored ''makes this loss hurt a lot more.''

Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,911,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Round One predictions:

Rangers in 6 (Rangers in 7)
Bruins in 6 (Caps in 7)
Devils in 6 (Devils in 7)
Pens in 7 (Flyers in 6)

Kings in 7 (Kings in 5)
Blues in 5 (Blues in 5)
Red Wings in 6 (Predators in 5)
Phoenix in 6 (Phoenix in 6)
Not half bad on the first round predictions.

Rangers were almost given too much to handle.

Holtby was incredible in this first round for Washington. Way to step up and do the job!

What a Game 7 for NJ! Brodeur just outlasted Theodore.

I think the Flyers will wreak havoc in the next round.

Can't say enough about Quick! He is the reason the Kings are where they are.

Blues are pretty good on the home ice. Should be a great series.

Preds have a taller stud at the net. I see them advancing to the finals.

Hossa's absence definitely helped Phoenix win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said - Here are my second round predictions:

Kings in 7
Predators in 6

Rangers in 6
Flyers in 5

Last edited by ditchlights; 04-26-2012 at 10:31 PM..

Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 AM

8,983 posts, read 6,519,276 times
^
Still no respect for the Caps, LOL.

Caps in 6. And I hope to be there to see them advance again! I willl attend at least one game of this series.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 AM

1,909 posts, read 5,655,326 times
Caps in 6! No way! Rangers have too much pride for that and Lundqvist is f**king awesome. Good post Ditch...I agree about the Flyers. Devils need to kick it up a notch and I don't know that they can.

A black hero is something to celebrate....a historic event. So liberal MA is no better than the south when it comes to racist comments. Did they do that when Obama won? I can't stand all the hatred in this country. : (

Old 04-27-2012, 06:04 AM

4,854 posts, read 6,380,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
A black hero is something to celebrate....a historic event. So liberal MA is no better than the south when it comes to racist comments. Did they do that when Obama won? I can't stand all the hatred in this country. : (
Being liberal or conservative has nothing to do with being racist. Alleged liberal northern cities were just as segregated as southern cities. In "liberal" cities in the 60s and 70s white people rioted just because black kids were sent to white schools (including Boston).

These were idiot fans and nothing more. In fact, I'll bet the media just looked for a few select tidbits to get some press. A handful of dolts using social media is not a reflection of the NHL, Boston Bruins or hockey fans in general. I'm growing increasingly tired of our race baiting media and those people who continually play into it.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 AM

16,133 posts, read 20,857,257 times
How great is this, Philly=Newark 95 miles
New York =DC 200 miles
and the winners play each other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or