U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 01:49 PM

87 posts, read 228,105 times

Advertisements

Might see a Rask/Khudobin duo next year.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins
DP on TT: "He's cares deeply about his family and that's what he's focusing on above everything else."^BISH

WEEI ‏@WEEI
Chiarelli said there was element of surprise regarding Thomas' decision. Respect fact Thomas prioritizing his family

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397390
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,448,998 times
Timmy being Timmy. After the White House debacle last season, I came to the conclusion that Tim is just not a team player. Funny thing is I remember reading something a few years back about him not being well liked by his teammates. I said, "no way!". Turns out, I'll bet that was true. He let something like his politics get in the way of being a team player, the rest is/will be history.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:42 AM

130 posts, read 201,131 times
Goalies are a different breed. I like Tim, worked hard to get to the NHL, good for him, he doesn't owe Boston anything, won them the Cup after how many years...

Old 06-16-2012, 02:35 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,366,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
Timmy being Timmy. After the White House debacle last season, I came to the conclusion that Tim is just not a team player. Funny thing is I remember reading something a few years back about him not being well liked by his teammates. I said, "no way!". Turns out, I'll bet that was true. He let something like his politics get in the way of being a team player, the rest is/will be history.
When is okay not be be a "team player"? I would never find myself shaking hands with an Obama (or Bush for that matter). I would never take part in a cheap photo opportunity with a man I detested for many reasons for the sake of being a "team player".

Old 06-16-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
When is okay not be be a "team player"? I would never find myself shaking hands with an Obama (or Bush for that matter). I would never take part in a cheap photo opportunity with a man I detested for many reasons for the sake of being a "team player".
When is it not okay? When it includes committing a crime comes to mind.

The White House visit was a TEAM event. He should've been there...period. It was an embarrassment to the TEAM. Peter Chiarelli (his boss) asked him to attend and he refused. The event was not about Tim Thomas. It was about the Boston Bruins being honored as Cup Champions. He was a member of the team and as such, should've been there.

P.S. Have you ever had to deal with someone you didn't like at your job?! I sure have, and if you haven't that is truly amazing.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-drive View Post
Goalies are a different breed. I like Tim, worked hard to get to the NHL, good for him, he doesn't owe Boston anything, won them the Cup after how many years...
I disagree. He is under contract. It is reasonable that he be expected to fulfill that contract. The team suffers the salary cap hit of that same contract.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:06 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,366,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
P.S. Have you ever had to deal with someone you didn't like at your job?! I sure have, and if you haven't that is truly amazing.
Yes. Luckily for me my co-workers have never ordered the assassination of Americans or drone attacks on children or any other criminal act politicians commit on a daily basis.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 PM

21,547 posts, read 11,619,499 times
Another nutty goalie. I knew he was half a bubble off when he dissed the POTUS for his own wacky political views.

I would like to know what the heck a goalie knows about politics and how he thinks that any one of us cares what he thinks?

Just stop the damn puck so the real hockey players can win

Friggin goalies, they are like punters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey