U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM

1,455 posts, read 2,870,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
just out of curiosity, who do you think the original 6 were?
1. Montreal
2. Toronto
3. Boston
4. New York (Manhattan)
5. Detroit
6. Chicago

I know my list doesn't include the first 4. That's because I don't think the first 3 can support a 2nd team once the NHL returns to play. Brooklyn in place in Manhattan because it has a new arena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 AM

9,072 posts, read 15,081,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You guys are some forgiving fans.
Bettman and the owners trash an entire hockey season for the second time in seven years and you are ready to feed them money for their product as soon as they return to the ice as their thanks?
I don't know if I will get to games this year, but I am sure to tune them in. I may go to a few games too... depends on schedule and finances.

Life is generally too short to hold grudges. I am certainly not going to hold a grudge against something so inconsequential in the grand scheme of my life as missing a few hockey games over a labor dispute.

Besides, they are already paying the price. Nobody is making money with the league locked out, including any and all money I would have spent on games already this year. it's not like I can go back to November to buy and attend the cancelled games.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,985,930 times
I have been to college and minor league games, but years ago, the NHL priced itself right out of my interest. I live in a town that has NHL and we still travel out to minor league on occasion, but I cannot afford NHL nor do I want to. And the strike really is not decreasing my interest because it was gone to begin with.

But I do like Minor league Hockey. At least I can afford it.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,462,059 times
I'm done......

Fool me once......shame on you.

Fool me twice.....shame on me.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM

6,705 posts, read 5,809,388 times
Not much else to do here so obviously I will watch when it comes back.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:06 PM

21,408 posts, read 21,974,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I'm done......

Fool me once......shame on you.

Fool me twice.....shame on me.
Fool me three times.....a pattern begins to emerge

Fool me three times.....and then the next thing you know you have to get married

Fool me three times.....shame on society

Fool me three times.....There's an old saying in Tennessee ... I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee ... that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me ... you can't get fooled again.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:12 PM

1,568 posts, read 2,798,145 times
NHL and NHLPA is a big running joke...sad.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,471,195 times
Im going to punish the NHL for a little while by not going to games and not purchasing anything NHL related and not paying for the NHL package on Directv.

I like it too much to NOT go back, i'll make them cry uncle before i do.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 PM

426 posts, read 1,695,311 times
Every time they have a lock out or work stoppage the league gets stronger as a result. Every stoppage from the 94 lockout to the 2004-5 lockout that resulted in the salary cap to this lock out is the league trying to make the union understand the economic realities that make the game stronger.

The players keep thinking the owners are out to get them , but the leagues keeps thriving every time the owners force the union to adjust. How about they finally trust that the owners know what they are doing.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 PM

23 posts, read 98,037 times
I had decided about two months ago to boycott in the event they resolved the lockout. Guess i don't have to worry about that now. After playing and being a fan for over forty years, I never thought I could do without NHL hockey. Found out I can. No Center Ice package and certainly no going to games when they resume play. Unfortunately, the NHL and NHLPA know the fans will come back strong. If not right away, very quickly. And while it's true that both the owners and players are not making money, they can afford the lack of income better than anyone reading this. Bitter, yes. But like the song says, "you've got to stand for something or you"ll fall for anything. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey