U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 04:15 AM

3,980 posts, read 1,042,983 times

Advertisements

The more this team wins the more I feel like we have to win the Cup this year to validate how great of a season it's been all around so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 06:53 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,877,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
lol, ok. I have a question for you. Did Suter deserve the Norris a few years ago when he was finalist and lost it (ridiculously) to Subban? (I will give you a hint - he did).

Did Suter deserve to be on the first defense line/pairing of the US Olympic team two years ago? (Again, he did)
This is exactly why I think he is overrated. He most definitely did not deserve the Norris, all he did was lead the league in minutes. Other than that he wasn't even top 40 in +/-, sure he was third in scoring but he was behind Subban and Letang (played 13 less games) who were +12 and +16 respectively. I know +/- is a subjective stat as there are 5 other players on the ice that all need to do their job, but if you're the third highest scoring defensemen in the league you should definitely be better than +2. At the end of the day Letang deserved the Norris, but since it was a shortened season and Subban played all 48 games it was hard not to give it to him.

The question about being on the first line defensive pairing for the US is subjective since usually the top two pairings are a mixture of the top 4 defensemen, also the US defensive corp is shaky at best. However, I would say that McDonaugh and Carlson are better players, and Shattenkirk is very close.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
This is exactly why I think he is overrated. He most definitely did not deserve the Norris, all he did was lead the league in minutes. Other than that he wasn't even top 40 in +/-, sure he was third in scoring but he was behind Subban and Letang (played 13 less games) who were +12 and +16 respectively. I know +/- is a subjective stat as there are 5 other players on the ice that all need to do their job, but if you're the third highest scoring defensemen in the league you should definitely be better than +2. At the end of the day Letang deserved the Norris, but since it was a shortened season and Subban played all 48 games it was hard not to give it to him.

The question about being on the first line defensive pairing for the US is subjective since usually the top two pairings are a mixture of the top 4 defensemen, also the US defensive corp is shaky at best. However, I would say that McDonaugh and Carlson are better players, and Shattenkirk is very close.
lol okay dude.

Most everyone in the hockey community KNEW Suter got the shaft on the Norris. And for you to say McD and Carlson are better - that Shattenkirk is close??? Just really no words to express at that point. I think Byfuglien is perhaps more valuable than all three of the aforementioned.

Suter is really invaluable to the Wild at this point and will be critical to this franchise's progress for the foreseeable future and certainly to any Cup run.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
This is a little aside, but, I might as well ask it here. Am I the only Minnesotan to notice this - that the Wild and the Wolves had had home games on the same night this season more than you remember? It seems like they've both had home games on the same night a TON this season - it seems like it's been close to like 10 games now (which would be a quarter/25 percent of their total home games - and the season isn't over yet).

I don't know, maybe it's just me...

Tonight again...just like two nights ago, both the Wolves and Wild are at home.

Damn this season has had tons of these nights. I would imagine that is partly to blame for the Wolves' last place in the NBA in attendance this season (doesn't help their cause that the Wild are the best team in the entire Western...)

Old 03-10-2017, 07:34 AM

21,618 posts, read 11,655,856 times
Quote:
The more this team wins the more I feel like we have to win the Cup this year to validate how great of a season it's been all around so far.
The Chicago Blackhawks are still the best team in the division, records be damned. Until the Wild can clear that hurdle they will not be an elite team.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:00 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,877,813 times
Wild better start figuring it out. Now is not the time to begin slumping.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:00 PM

I hope we figure it out in time for our Cup run...

Old 03-24-2017, 12:01 PM

Since we're on a losing streak we should start playing Kuemper for some more games. What difference would it make and maybe he could figure out his wishy washy game at the moment then.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:03 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,912,895 times
Tough schedule down the stretch, not many breaks. Get the backups some play.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:22 AM

At this point you have to wonder if we'll get bounced first round playoffs. It's been a bad "Yeo-like" slump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or