U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-05-2018, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Up North
3,991 posts, read 1,044,993 times
Reputation: 2360

Advertisements

Wild playing as scheduled??



All these charlatans on this hockey forum i post regularly on are now saying "all is well" after screaming "the sky is falling!!!" like they do every year...if you don't win EVERY...SINGLE...FREAKING...GAME.




Gotta love pro sports fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2018, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,878,363 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
the recent announcement of the members of the US Olympic Hockey Team is further evidence that the State of Hockey has lost it's premier standing on a national level

number of players from each state...

5 - Massachusetts
4 - Pennsylvania
3 - New York
3 - Michigan
2 - Minnesota
1 - Connecticut
1 - Arizona
1 - Colorado
1 - California
1 - New Jersey

The ladies team however does have a pronounced Minnesota bias...

7 - Minnesota
3 - Massachusetts
2 - North Dakota
2 - Wisconsin
1 - New York
1 - Maryland
1 - Idaho
1 - Illinois
1 - Wisconsin
1 - Vermont
1 - California
1 - Michigan

In all honesty a good amount of the Minnesotans on the WJC team should be on the Olympic team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Up North
3,991 posts, read 1,044,993 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
In all honesty a good amount of the Minnesotans on the WJC team should be on the Olympic team.
Probably.


And i was just thinking about this - these Olympic rosters this year are so weird. It's kind of an in-between - it's not pros, and it's not amateurs...it's a mishmash of just everything and among the weirdest rosters Olympics may have seen?


Too bad Jordan Schroeder didn't have a contract with Columbus he would have possibly been a good fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2018, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,878,363 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Probably.


And i was just thinking about this - these Olympic rosters this year are so weird. It's kind of an in-between - it's not pros, and it's not amateurs...it's a mishmash of just everything and among the weirdest rosters Olympics may have seen?


Too bad Jordan Schroeder didn't have a contract with Columbus he would have possibly been a good fit.
I agree, it's a mix of guys who can no longer make in the NHL, guys who couldn't quite make it in the NHL, an a couple of up and comers (it'll be fun to watch Greenway).

I am bummed that Peter Mueller isn't on the team. I remember watching my brother play against him growing up, that guy had all the talent in the world and looked like he was going to be a force in the NHL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2018, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Up North
3,991 posts, read 1,044,993 times
Reputation: 2360
Suter and Dubnyk nice last night.

Still not feeling like "the sky is falling" lol

Then again we might get smeared the next game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2018, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,941 posts, read 4,555,591 times
Reputation: 3860
Brodin is about the only guy on the team who plays with any consistency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2018, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Manila
1,144 posts, read 1,584,398 times
Reputation: 736
The Wild started quite slow this year (often at the division cellar or close to it), and are just currently coasting along (overall doing not too great, but not shabby either while they play .500 to .600 level hockey at the moment)! They have been quite good at the X, but leave a lot to be desired on the road! It says a lot if they are able to be 4th of 7 teams in the highly competitive Central Division despite that, and the injury bug!

Hopefully they solve all those issues, and start turning up the heat as spring approaches and peak when it really counts! Minnesota is OVERDUE for a title! Keep pushing it Wild!

Last edited by mrconfusion87; 01-16-2018 at 12:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2018, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Up North
3,991 posts, read 1,044,993 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
The Wild started quite slow this year (often at the division cellar or close to it), and are just currently coasting along (overall doing not too great, but not shabby either while they play .500 to .600 level hockey at the moment)! They have been quite good at the X, but leave a lot to be desired on the road! It says a lot if they are able to be 4th of 7 teams in the highly competitive Central Division despite that, and the injury bug!

Hopefully they solve all those issues, and start turning up the heat as spring approaches and peak when it really counts! Minnesota is OVERDUE for a title! Keep pushing it Wild!
I've been saying this to the "the sky is falling" regulars.

A large part of the season we were missing 3 of our top 6.

In the last 10 games we're among the top 7 teams or so in the league (6-2-2)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2018, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,878,363 times
Reputation: 2342
The Wild need to figure out something quick. A solid 6 game winning streak would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2018, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Manila
1,144 posts, read 1,584,398 times
Reputation: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I've been saying this to the "the sky is falling" regulars.

A large part of the season we were missing 3 of our top 6.

In the last 10 games we're among the top 7 teams or so in the league (6-2-2)
Indeed! I've never given up hope on the team this season! I think we are definitely due for a hot winning streak (or more) soon - probably after the All Star Game period! Keep the faith man as I still believe we can make it to the postseason, and we all know what they say about "The Second Season"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top