U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2018, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Up North
4,016 posts, read 1,047,097 times
Reputation: 2379

Advertisements

Wild trying to lose to night, apparently. Dubnyk letting in softies (though aside from those, he's been rock...) and lazy plays leading to short handeds...


They might as well just pack it in if they are going to play like they have been..



In our defense though some of the reffing tonight has been atrociously bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2018, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,416 posts, read 21,974,288 times
Reputation: 33716
Wild seem to struggle in the post season against anyone not named Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,879,044 times
Reputation: 2342
Parise out with a fractured sternum.... typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2018, 05:38 AM
 
Location: Up North
4,016 posts, read 1,047,097 times
Reputation: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Parise out with a fractured sternum.... typical.
Was it from a cheap shot? I thought I saw that one of the Winnipeg goons cheapshot'd him when he jumped for a puck.



Either way, Parise was one of the hottest players in the entire NHL the last 20 games of the season (he had at least 10 goals or something like that).



Basically when I saw that he was out I knew it was a wrap. Basically our two most important players (spiritually and physically) out.



Winnipeg is a big team. The average height on that club must be massive because there aren't too many small guys on their roster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2018, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Up North
4,016 posts, read 1,047,097 times
Reputation: 2379
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,879,044 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Unnecessary, but clean.

Edit: actually that first guy had his stick a little high, but all around not anything too terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Up North
4,016 posts, read 1,047,097 times
Reputation: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Unnecessary, but clean.

Edit: actually that first guy had his stick a little high, but all around not anything too terrible.
It was dirtier than the Byfuglien deck on Koivu in game two.


(this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katW9fMMRYo)

I was not cool with the play. It kind of looks like he was fair game but the truth is it was a goon move for them to rush him like that.


We're not going to win without arguably our two most important players (aside from Dubnyk) so we might as well bring a goon or two up for Iowa and let it all hang out.


The sad thing is Parise had 8 goals in his last 8 games of the year (playoffs included - 3 goals in 3 games) so he was literally one of the hottest players on the planet before Winnipeg gooned it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,879,044 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It was dirtier than the Byfuglien deck on Koivu in game two.


(this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katW9fMMRYo)

I was not cool with the play. It kind of looks like he was fair game but the truth is it was a goon move for them to rush him like that.


We're not going to win without arguably our two most important players (aside from Dubnyk) so we might as well bring a goon or two up for Iowa and let it all hang out.


The sad thing is Parise had 8 goals in his last 8 games of the year (playoffs included - 3 goals in 3 games) so he was literally one of the hottest players on the planet before Winnipeg gooned it up.
Byfuglien's hit on Koivu was 100% clean, no one should be complaining about that hit, this is the NHL. You learn your first year of peewees the consequences of skating with your head down.

While the first guy might have gotten his stick up (and it's unfortunate Parise was hurt) I have absolutely zero issue with the hit. Again, this is the NHL, you can flip the script and say that Parise should have had the awareness that being up 4 goals with 4 minutes left in the game the Jets were going to be attacking every puck they could. Tying to bat the puck out of the zone at that point in the game was pointless.

I hate how quick everyone is to throw out the goon word, the Jets have played a clean physical playoff series and the Wild have been completely overmatched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Up North
4,016 posts, read 1,047,097 times
Reputation: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Byfuglien's hit on Koivu was 100% clean, no one should be complaining about that hit, this is the NHL. You learn your first year of peewees the consequences of skating with your head down.

While the first guy might have gotten his stick up (and it's unfortunate Parise was hurt) I have absolutely zero issue with the hit. Again, this is the NHL, you can flip the script and say that Parise should have had the awareness that being up 4 goals with 4 minutes left in the game the Jets were going to be attacking every puck they could. Tying to bat the puck out of the zone at that point in the game was pointless.

I hate how quick everyone is to throw out the goon word, the Jets have played a clean physical playoff series and the Wild have been completely overmatched.
You're talking to a guy who is a traditionalist, who is in his late 30s and felt the Scott Stevens on Lindros hit was totally legit and legal, as was the Torres on Hossa hit was totally legit and legal as well.


I feel like Byfuglien was borderline on that hit - you can clearly see him lining up his skates several strides before to crush him. If Koivu doesn't pop right back up there it is called all day long.


The Parise hit, I feel like both of those guys kind of took a run at him. I have less of a problem with the Koivu hit than I do the Parise one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities (StP)
3,017 posts, read 1,879,044 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You're talking to a guy who is a traditionalist, who is in his late 30s and felt the Scott Stevens on Lindros hit was totally legit and legal, as was the Torres on Hossa hit was totally legit and legal as well.


I feel like Byfuglien was borderline on that hit - you can clearly see him lining up his skates several strides before to crush him.
If Koivu doesn't pop right back up there it is called all day long.


The Parise hit, I feel like both of those guys kind of took a run at him. I have less of a problem with the Koivu hit than I do the Parise one.
And why is that a problem? Koivu put himself in that position, Byfuglien made a good play. Same with Parise, did you really expect them to let Parise stand there and gave a free swat at the puck? There was absolutely nothing illegal or goonish about those hits, I can't believe you're actually trying to insinuate that there was (especially if you see no issues with the Stevens hit).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top