Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 03:36 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,049,026 times

Advertisements

The Wild are now the favorites to win the Stanley Cup this season by some "experts".

If Dubnyk gets hot (he hasn't got cold really at all this year) for the playoffs we could do it. Bring a (men's) championship home to Minnesota for the first time since '91
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 05:16 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,959,673 times
The only reservation I have moving forward is Bruce's postseason track record. It is less than stellar and he has a history of having high powered offensive machines fall short in the postseason. It is hard to say whether or not the fault lies with Washington and Anaheim or BB.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:54 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,581,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
The only reservation I have moving forward is Bruce's postseason track record. It is less than stellar and he has a history of having high powered offensive machines fall short in the postseason. It is hard to say whether or not the fault lies with Washington and Anaheim or BB.
I think the difference is that with Washington and Anaheim it was two players that made them high powered offense. Getzlaf and Perry, and Ovechkin and Backstrom; when those guys were off both teams looked extremely average. The Wild don't appear to have that problem as they are getting offense from everywhere, but we'll have to wait and see.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:01 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,898,073 times
2014 1st Rd (#18) pick Alex Tuch (6' 4"/220) out of BC gets his NHL debut (vs Vancouver) tonight playing on the 1st line with Zach and Staal.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
2014 1st Rd (#18) pick Alex Tuch (6' 4"/220) out of BC gets his NHL debut (vs Vancouver) tonight playing on the 1st line with Zach and Staal.
That's awesome. I'd like him to develop a bit more - we're freaking numero uno in the Western right now and everything is pretty much clicking on all lines...but I trust that the Front Office knows what they're doing.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:41 AM

Back on track making Ryan Miller look ugly last night. Dubnyk's. Play hasn't been as stellar but he hopefully can sustain us to a Cup run.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:45 PM

Suter single-handedly lost that game last night. The Panik goal was his fault, Hartman's goal he could have put a lot more pressure on the passer (or lay down in the passing lane), and I have no idea what he was trying to do in overtime.

The dude is very overrated.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Suter single-handedly lost that game last night. The Panik goal was his fault, Hartman's goal he could have put a lot more pressure on the passer (or lay down in the passing lane), and I have no idea what he was trying to do in overtime.

The dude is very overrated.
Very overrated? He's arguably the best defensive defenseman on the planet.

I always do yearn for a guy who produces far more offensively than Suter ever does, but his TOI has led the entire league a number of years he has been here (if not every year, top 3 every year), and there are probably few other players on the planet any given NHL coach would want on the ice in OT for the Stanley Cup than him.

I'm not going to lie, at times I have felt like you feel here - that Suter is overrated, but it's easy to overlook the lot of small things he does that make him invaluable to the franchise.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Very overrated? He's arguably the best defensive defenseman on the planet.

I always do yearn for a guy who produces far more offensively than Suter ever does, but his TOI has led the entire league a number of years he has been here (if not every year, top 3 every year), and there are probably few other players on the planet any given NHL coach would want on the ice in OT for the Stanley Cup than him.

I'm not going to lie, at times I have felt like you feel here - that Suter is overrated, but it's easy to overlook the lot of small things he does that make him invaluable to the franchise.
Suter isn't even the best defensive defenseman on the Wild, that goes to Spurgeon (in my mind probably the most underrated player in the league).

I won't lie, he does make some great plays from time to time, but most of the spectacular defensive plays he makes is because he puts himself in terrible position to begin with.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:00 PM

This is a little aside, but, I might as well ask it here. Am I the only Minnesotan to notice this - that the Wild and the Wolves had had home games on the same night this season more than you remember? It seems like they've both had home games on the same night a TON this season - it seems like it's been close to like 10 games now (which would be a quarter/25 percent of their total home games - and the season isn't over yet).

I don't know, maybe it's just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Suter isn't even the best defensive defenseman on the Wild, that goes to Spurgeon (in my mind probably the most underrated player in the league).

I won't lie, he does make some great plays from time to time, but most of the spectacular defensive plays he makes is because he puts himself in terrible position to begin with.
lol, ok. I have a question for you. Did Suter deserve the Norris a few years ago when he was finalist and lost it (ridiculously) to Subban? (I will give you a hint - he did).

Did Suter deserve to be on the first defense line/pairing of the US Olympic team two years ago? (Again, he did)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey