U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:12 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,467,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It will be interesting to see how the 4, 5, and 6 seeds play out in the West with the Blues, Sharks, and Kings on Saturday evening. As a Kings fan, I'd love to see the first round against the Blues or Canucks. I dread the thought of facing San Jose in Round 1.
Well you got your wish. My wish has also been satisfied. Yes the Kings have won the last 8 games against the Blues but this is the playoffs and anything can happen. The link below has the current matchups to start the playoffs.

2013 NHL Playoffs bracket - playoff tree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,785,954 times
What I'd like to see:

Western Division

Wild over Blackhawks
Blues over Kings
Ducks over Red Wings
Sharks over Canucks

Blues over Wild
Sharks over Ducks

Blues over Sharks

Eastern Division

Islanders over Penguins
Maple Leafs over Bruins
Senators over Canadiens
Capitals over Rangers

Maple Leafs over Islanders
Capitals over Senators

Capitals over Maple Leafs

2013 Stanley Cup

Capitals over Blues

Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,653,555 times
Picks in the East:

I see:

Pittsburgh - New York Islanders
I can't see the Islanders overcoming the juggernaut that is a healthy Penguins team. Pittsburgh in 6.

Montreal - Ottawa
Montreal hasn't been great lately, though neither has Ottawa. Season series is split. Montreal in 7.

Washington - New York Rangers
Washington's been among the best in the league down the stretch (which isn't to knock the Rangers play at all). An upset wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not confident enough in it to make it my pick. Washington in 7.

Boston - Toronto
Maybe it's the years of woeful Leafs teams, but I have trouble taking them seriously as a contender. The season series was remarkably even, though. Against my better judgement, I'll pick this one as an upset. Leafs in 6.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM

13,102 posts, read 19,938,064 times
Hawks in 6
Wings in 6
Kings in 6
'nucks in 6

Pens in 6
Habs in 7
Caps in 6
Bruins in 6

Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,971,541 times
The best playoffs are about to kick off...I love it. I look at coaching, depth, goaltending, injuries, current play, and season series when selecting a series winner...

West:
Chicago over Minnesota in 5*
Detroit in Anaheim in 7
San Jose over Vancouver in 6
LA over STL in 6

East:
Pit over NYI in 5
MTL over OTT in 7
NYR over WSH in 6
Bos over Tor in 5

*Note- I pray to God this isn't a repeat of 1991 when the Hawks won the President's Trophy and lost to Minnesota in the 1st round...

Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,971,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Same here.

Still trying to decide who to root for in the playoffs.
Root for the team with the most former Blue Jackets...I think that would be the Rangers?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:29 PM

10,902 posts, read 23,179,513 times
Wow the Penguins shut our the Islanders 5-0 without Sidney Crosby in the line-up but then again having Iginla the former flames captain and one of the most deserving people to get the chance to play for the cup on a team that can possibly go all the way this year and then get 2 assists and be named one of the games 3-stars is not bad.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,467,396 times
Blues take the Kings in game 1 in a close game. I predict at a minimum this series will go at least 6 and likely 7 games.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:05 AM

13,219 posts, read 17,957,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Wow the Penguins shut our the Islanders 5-0 without Sidney Crosby in the line-up but then again having Iginla the former flames captain and one of the most deserving people to get the chance to play for the cup on a team that can possibly go all the way this year and then get 2 assists and be named one of the games 3-stars is not bad.
Commas for yo' ass!

Use them wisely.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:31 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,897,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Blues take the Kings in game 1 in a close game. I predict at a minimum this series will go at least 6 and likely 7 games.
I've been on vacation this last week (which for me includes from the computer...) so I totally forgot to post my predictions for Round 1. If I had, I would have said L.A. in 6. Well, the Kings lost another squeaker last night to be 2 games down going back to Staples. The way Elliot is netminding right now, the Kings need to take both home games if they want to win this series. Some could say the two losses fall on Quickie, but the Kings need to up the offensive firepower if they want to continue into Round 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or