U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:09 PM

13,117 posts, read 19,967,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
anyone have any comments on the poor job both the Refs and Linesmen have been doing in pretty much all of the post season since they have been making some really Bad Game/Series Changing calls as of late.

Surprised no one has brought that up here
I actually think they're doing pretty good at enforcing the rules. The problem is some of the rules are stupid or poorly written. Case in point is the waved off goal in Chicago vs. Detroit game 3. The referee made the right call based on the rulebook. However, the rule is stupid and poorly written. It's the same that has cost Detroit goals many times (The Holmstrom rule). Most of the referee complaints are just sore losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 03:20 PM

9,029 posts, read 16,446,778 times
sore losers? - you mean canuck fans?

that's where I've heard most of it and overwhelming unfounded

there have been some bad calls - always is - most teams gets their turn in the barrel .... just have to play through it .... the playoffs are always like that and part of the problem is they are always called differently than the regular season

Old 05-22-2013, 08:02 PM

I didn't mean to say that there were no bad calls. LA getting their goal waved off in game 4 was one of them, as was the failure to call boarding on Hjalmarsson (sp?) the other night.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 PM

20,419 posts, read 37,702,086 times
Pens lit it up tonight!
I hope they saved some for Friday.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:51 PM

32,413 posts, read 59,910,649 times
So many octopi flying around! Ew!

Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 PM

7,836 posts, read 19,589,048 times
I hate Detroit!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2013, 11:08 PM

13,226 posts, read 17,981,442 times
Hey, maybe now people will stop pretending that the Penguins have more to prove than their playoff opponents. First it was all about how "dangerous" the Islanders were, and then it was all about how the Penguins were going to have trouble scoring on Craig Anderson. Oops. What next, the Bruins are tougher?

The Penguins are the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference. They're 8-3 so far this post-season, and they just advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals. They've scored at least three goals in all but one playoff game so far, and at least four goals in all but two. They've allowed no more than three goals in any game since Tomas Vokoun became the starting goalie. And though people want to ignore the regular season, the fact that the Penguins have beaten the Bruins five times in a row ought to indicate that the Bruins have their work cut out for them. (And that's provided the Rangers don't come back from the verge of oblivion somehow.)

Time for people to start giving the Penguins the respect they've earned.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:05 AM

693 posts, read 777,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I don't understand. Every single person I know, has picked the Pens in the East. Every professional analyst I have seen has picked the Pens. I am a huge Ranger fan and I have picked the Pens. How is that not respect?

Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post

We'll give 'em respect when they give some back.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 AM

10,907 posts, read 23,202,042 times
I would not mind seeing a Detroit-Pittsburgh Stanley Cup Final I would be one heck of match-up and one this Canucks Fan would love to see based on two great teams that are play some great post season hockey right now.

Plus just going through some of the best teams in both the East and Western conference like they were meant to face each other for the Cup this year or if they does not happen I see a Boston-Chicago SCF which would be just as good to watch for great playoff hockey.

So those are my 4 teams I am putting my bets on to go all the way this year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or