U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:53 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,370,434 times

Advertisements

Oh boy.... the circus has already begun in Philly... after only 3 games Laviolette has just been fired.... Holmgren won't be too far behind at this point.

Either way... not sure what the point of this is... if they wanted to fire Laviolette then they should have done so during the off season and started fresh... this really makes no sense in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 10:16 AM

1,975 posts, read 3,265,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Do they really have talent or is that just wishful thinking?
If the talent is there, then who is to blame - players, coach, GM, or who?
They have plenty of talent. It's not just wishful thinking. That's why this is so frustrating.

Wow. What a surprise I woke up to this morning. Lavi fired!

To answer your question--who is to blame? I would start with the GM. Homer has made a lot of questionable deals over the years. After the GM, I would blame the coach and next the players. And I think Snyder deserves to shoulder some of the blame too.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:32 AM

32,394 posts, read 59,890,532 times
I'm thinking they fired the wrong guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
done so during the off season and started fresh... this really makes no sense in my opinion.
Too bad John Tortorella isn't still available. That would have been some fun.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:58 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,370,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm thinking they fired the wrong guy.

Too bad John Tortorella isn't still available. That would have been some fun.

Hahaha.. he's better off in Vancouver....

Sounds like Berube is a player favorite though so lets see how the team responds...

Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 PM

673 posts, read 708,307 times
Ed Snider has to go but after his bellicose tirade at the press conference this morning it's obvious that's not going to happen. The revolving door of Flyers alumni into top positions in the organization will continue and their strategy will continue to be well behind the curve despite having the highest payroll in the NHL.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:36 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,196,273 times
It's been 38 years since they have won the Cup - and, according to Snider, NOTHING appears to be wrong.
It is VERY surprising that they made a move after just 3 games.

Chip Kelly, the Eagles rookie coach, is now the longest tenured head coach in Philly.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:18 PM

3,764 posts, read 3,808,481 times
Flyers just have to bite the bullet and stop pissing away money on old players. They'll just have to suck for the next 5 years or longer to rebuild through drafting. I mean look at how stacked beyond belief Edmonton will be in the future. Enough of this swinging for the fences crap that depletes our draft picks already. Just deal with it and rebuild.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Flyers just have to bite the bullet and stop pissing away money on old players. They'll just have to suck for the next 5 years or longer to rebuild through drafting. I mean look at how stacked beyond belief Edmonton will be in the future. Enough of this swinging for the fences crap that depletes our draft picks already. Just deal with it and rebuild.
Apparently, Snider won't do that. He is ALWAYS swinging for the fences.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:32 AM

1,975 posts, read 3,265,024 times
Well, they won last night. I think they were lucky to win thanks to Tim Thomas. Mason did a good job in front of the net. It's too soon to know if this was a good move bringing in Berube. I'm just happy we finally won. I think it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:26 PM

We'll see now if they play with more intensity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey