U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 PM

672 posts, read 707,206 times

Advertisements

Berube is as antagonistic towards the press as Tortarella:

First Day on the Job and Craig Berube Already Told a Reporter to “Get Lost” | Crossing Broad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 04:41 PM

The injuries have kicked in now:

Flyers' Hartnell may miss 4 weeks; injury worse than feared

I don't have the stats in front of me, but the Flyers have lost the most man games to injuries for their first offensive line and first defense pairing than any other team in the league by a factor of more than 50%.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:35 PM

3,151 posts, read 2,193,197 times
1-7 Oh My Goodness. That's bad.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:47 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,684,727 times
Did the fans boo in the loss to Pittsburgh last night?

Couldn't watch on TV due to my schedule. I guess it was too late in the game, so didn't have time to boo when the Pens scored late. They were competitive enough to not let fans get restless?

Old 10-19-2013, 10:08 PM

1,975 posts, read 3,261,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Did the fans boo in the loss to Pittsburgh last night?

Couldn't watch on TV due to my schedule. I guess it was too late in the game, so didn't have time to boo when the Pens scored late. They were competitive enough to not let fans get restless?
The fans seemed subdued for most of the game. I watched the first 2 periods and then switched to the radio for the third period. There seemed to be no spark or animosity like when they usually play the Pens.

I'm just stunned that they are playing like this. I'm actually glad they don't play again till next Thursday. Too soon to give up though.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
The fans seemed subdued for most of the game. I watched the first 2 periods and then switched to the radio for the third period. There seemed to be no spark or animosity like when they usually play the Pens.

I'm just stunned that they are playing like this. I'm actually glad they don't play again till next Thursday. Too soon to give up though.
/rant
The entire organization is dysfunctional. Simmonds, the Schenns, Metzaros, Hartnell, hell the entire roster save for Mason, Emery, and Giroux (he is only as good as the players around him but can be great), McGinn and Rinaldo have to go. The skill level of this current bunch is non existent. MISTER Snider, Holmgren, and Berube have to go in addition to the other mucker and grinder hangers on from years past. The scouting department cries out for a MAJOR house cleaning: Dave Brown? Seriously? Unfortunately this will never happen as long as the a$$es are still plopping down in the exorbitantly Wells Fargo Center priced seats and the punters continue to shell out big $$ for Comcast telecasts. The powers that be need to get the memo that the Broad Street Bullies school of hockey died with disco. Throw in the towel, have a fire sale, slog through the valley for a few years garnering draft picks and we may climb the peak.
/end rant

Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
/rant
The entire organization is dysfunctional. Simmonds, the Schenns, Metzaros, Hartnell, hell the entire roster save for Mason, Emery, and Giroux (he is only as good as the players around him but can be great), McGinn and Rinaldo have to go. The skill level of this current bunch is non existent. MISTER Snider, Holmgren, and Berube have to go in addition to the other mucker and grinder hangers on from years past. The scouting department cries out for a MAJOR house cleaning: Dave Brown? Seriously? Unfortunately this will never happen as long as the a$$es are still plopping down in the exorbitantly Wells Fargo Center priced seats and the punters continue to shell out big $$ for Comcast telecasts. The powers that be need to get the memo that the Broad Street Bullies school of hockey died with disco. Throw in the towel, have a fire sale, slog through the valley for a few years garnering draft picks and we may climb the peak.
/end rant
I agree with some of your points. I have to disagree about McGinn and Rinaldo though. McGinn's had three goals since being called up. I was impressed with his play last season when he was called up. When Rinaldo is in control of his emotions he's an awesome hitter. He's good at drawing penalties from the opposing team. As for Giroux, I'm still waiting for him to pick up a hockey stick this season. A month ago I would have agreed about Giroux but now I'm not so sure. I hope he wasn't just a flash in the pan. So far, this season is extremely frustrating. They just look lost out there. There's no leadership. I'm not sure it was a good idea to give Giroux the C. However, I'm not ready to give up on them yet. There's over 70 games left and a lot can happen. They are lucky that they only play 11 games in October. They still have time to turn this around.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I agree with some of your points. I have to disagree about McGinn and Rinaldo though. McGinn's had three goals since being called up. I was impressed with his play last season when he was called up. When Rinaldo is in control of his emotions he's an awesome hitter. He's good at drawing penalties from the opposing team. As for Giroux, I'm still waiting for him to pick up a hockey stick this season. A month ago I would have agreed about Giroux but now I'm not so sure. I hope he wasn't just a flash in the pan. So far, this season is extremely frustrating. They just look lost out there. There's no leadership. I'm not sure it was a good idea to give Giroux the C. However, I'm not ready to give up on them yet. There's over 70 games left and a lot can happen. They are lucky that they only play 11 games in October. They still have time to turn this around.
Mason, Emery, Giroux , McGinn and Rinaldo are the guys they should keep IMO; sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I agree that Giroux should not wear the "C" but who deserves it?

Old 10-20-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
Mason, Emery, Giroux , McGinn and Rinaldo are the guys they should keep IMO; sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I agree that Giroux should not wear the "C" but who deserves it?
That's a good question! A couple of years ago and I would have said Timmo. I'm not sure who I would give it to now. They have 2 former captains in Streit and Vinny LeC. I don't really like the idea of a newcomer getting the C but in this case I might be. Hopefully, Giroux will come around and play like a captain.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:38 PM

Game against the Rangers tonight. Let's see if having a week off improves their play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey