Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:40 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times

Advertisements

Most markets also don't contend with awkward stadium location and a city where a majority of the populace are transplants. There's also economic factors. Metro Phoenix isn't exactly swimming in cash (especially Glendale).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Anyone else hate the New Dallas Stars uni's? go back to the traditional ones please.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:12 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,938,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Anyone else hate the New Dallas Stars uni's? go back to the traditional ones please.
I don't mind the colour scheme, but I'm not a fan of the the "D" and star logo. I like the 76-77 North Stars design best, personally.

At least they did away with 2005-06's raging uterus logo.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Most markets also don't contend with awkward stadium location and a city where a majority of the populace are transplants. There's also economic factors. Metro Phoenix isn't exactly swimming in cash (especially Glendale).
But compared to the other option, there was actual parking. If they ended up going to Scottsdale (the other option) there was no actual parking for the coyotes arena. They had just enough land for the arena.

I know what you mean by being a transplant. My family originally were from Long Island and love the Islanders but the Coyotes have grown on us with their talent and cheering for hockey to stay in the metro Phoenix area. Hockey is easily my favorite sport and losing it would be a deathblow. The same as is it for the teams that lost teams because of ownership woes (not the attendance figures people point to now with the Coyotes now that they have an owner.)

Old 12-08-2013, 09:57 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Chicken crap attack on Orpik...I'm all for mixing it up, but this was garbage. Go back to the ECHL.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,238 times
There were two things that made Thornton on Orpik look so bad: Thornton slew footed him and Orpik went off on a stretcher. The two gloved punches were nothing, Orpik must have a glass jaw. The hit by Neal was MUCH worse, had Marchand gone off on a stretcher we wouldn't even be talking about Thornton.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:44 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Orpik was probably dazed after his head hit the ice after the slew foot.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 AM

458 posts, read 656,711 times
I'm not a Penguins fan (Edmonton Oilers fan), but I live in Pittsburgh and watch most games. Every game I watch, I see Brooks Orpik throwing out the major league hits, pushing, shoving, and trash talking long after the whistle blows. Virtually every time, when an opponent tries to engage him after his nonsense, he'll skate away like a baby. I knew sooner or later, someone would get to him.

I hate to see anyone carted off on a stretcher. But Brooks Orpik is no angel. The Thornton attack didn't have to go the extent that it did, but the Bruins are all big guys, and it probably wasn't a good idea to start the first period off by taking out one of the players on the Bruins home ice.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPANative View Post
I'm not a Penguins fan (Edmonton Oilers fan), but I live in Pittsburgh and watch most games. Every game I watch, I see Brooks Orpik throwing out the major league hits, pushing, shoving, and trash talking long after the whistle blows. Virtually every time, when an opponent tries to engage him after his nonsense, he'll skate away like a baby. I knew sooner or later, someone would get to him.

I hate to see anyone carted off on a stretcher. But Brooks Orpik is no angel. The Thornton attack didn't have to go the extent that it did, but the Bruins are all big guys, and it probably wasn't a good idea to start the first period off by taking out one of the players on the Bruins home ice.
When you play like that, at some point you're going to have to pay for it, or at least answer for it. Thorton went a bit far the other night, but a guy like Orpik needs to get smacked around every once in a while.

Not to mention the pretty blatant cheap shot Neal took on Marchard who had been tripped by Crosby.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:37 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,188,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I absolutely love whatever color that green is but hate the logo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey