Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 06:14 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,605 times

Advertisements

Rick Nash scored his league leading 8th goal which tied the game last night before the Rangers eventually won in overtime for their 3rd straight win!

He's on pace for 94 goals.... watch out Wayne... he's gunning for your season record of 92... LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 11:01 AM

672 posts, read 789,578 times
Blackhawks finally scored on more than one powerplay. I was pleasantly surprised that CarBomb showed restraint and didn't do anything stupid, and instead, drew a penalty and had some nice SOG, and created space. Kaner is never so dangerous as when he is sniffing out a hat trick, almost had one. And Raanta threw a shutout, even stoned Giroux a couple of times.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:03 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times
NHL - beware the Preds. No longer the automatic win for the rest of the league. It's a new day with a new coach (finally) and new outlook!

Old 10-22-2014, 01:14 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Canes,..
What about the late '90s-early '00s Rangers (?)
Lisa's spikes might match up with the Statue's spikes..
We have a winner.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
NHL - beware the Preds. No longer the automatic win for the rest of the league. It's a new day with a new coach (finally) and new outlook!
It's still cheaper for me to (in advance) book a hotel room, fly to Nashville, get game tickets, then fly back the next day than it is for me to get Blackhawk tickets at the UC. I am looking right now, and there are seats right on the ice available (268.23 each), or plenty of seats elsewhere (between 115.97 and 56.24 each) for the 10/23 game. Maybe folks in Nashville will catch onto hockey now that their team is better than just good.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:05 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Hopefully the Slava Voynov domestic abuse suspension doesn't effect the Kings. Seems like they haven't played in a decade (well, since Sunday) and finish the 6 game home stand for what looks like should be 4 points Thursday (vs. Buffalo) and Sunday afternoon (vs. CBJ) before heading out East for the first time this year (Philly, Detroit & Carolina).

Old 10-23-2014, 09:10 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,724,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
It's still cheaper for me to (in advance) book a hotel room, fly to Nashville, get game tickets, then fly back the next day than it is for me to get Blackhawk tickets at the UC. I am looking right now, and there are seats right on the ice available (268.23 each), or plenty of seats elsewhere (between 115.97 and 56.24 each) for the 10/23 game. Maybe folks in Nashville will catch onto hockey now that their team is better than just good.
I feel the same way. Last year when it was Rangers Vs. Kings, it would have been cheaper for me to fly from NYC to LA, and get better seats than it would be just to get seats at MSG.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:18 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
It's still cheaper for me to (in advance) book a hotel room, fly to Nashville, get game tickets, then fly back the next day than it is for me to get Blackhawk tickets at the UC..
Thank you, bandwagoner idiots!

Old 10-24-2014, 02:50 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times
Quote:
As long as Southwest keeps a hub at Midway and tons of flights to Nashville...

Friday and Saturday night tickets are much harder to get these days. You know how it is when people have kids in school and live out in the next county for school-night games. An overtime+shootout game might = getting back home at 12:30 or 1 a.m. I went Tuesday night and was pleasantly surprised at how many showed up considering Arizona is not a top rival like Detroit or Chicago. Young singles and young couples without kids are mostly the ones who live near downtown Nashville. Some like hockey. Some are wine-sipping yuppies in "the Gulch" who don't.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thank you, bandwagoner idiots!
Oh, I don't know. I mean, there were a lot of people who stuck around for years and years even with Dollar Bill keeping the team off of TV and being happy with years of the team being in the playoffs, but never winning more than a round or two in the playoffs. And even in the early days of the UC, tickets weren't cheap. It wasn't until the very late 90s that attendance really trailed off. Attenance in 94-95 was an average of almost 21K per game, from that point, it dropped about 1K per game average every year until 06-07 when it was about 12500 per. Then picked up again the next season when Kane joined the team and has grown since then. I know that in the early 90s, we paid a lot (probably close to $50 at the box office) for obstucted view seats at the good old Stadium. Yay, let's sit behind a pole. But we loved every minute of that old shed, including the upper deck swaying during the Anthem.

Sure, there are a lot of people who have jumped on, I think it's a good thing. Yes, a lot of people don't know what the real Madhouse on Madison sounded like, they couldn't name players outside of the current active players, they weren't around when Wayne Messmer sang the anthem. But if people want the sport to grow, the only way to do so is with additional revenue so that the salary cap grows.

On to present day, I would like to see Darling more than Ranta during Crawford's absence. I would like to see if Darling's first game was a fluke, or if he is as good as he looked. Ranta hasn't impressed me, last year or in the small sample size this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey