Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 01:24 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick expected to return in mid-February

Budaj is better than Zatkoff, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 03:34 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I think they both suck.

Budaj has been below average, Zatkoff hasn't even played like a bad NHL goalie, he's been worse than that.

Budaj wasn't going to sustain a .915 save percentage though, it's well above his career average and he hasn't even been an NHL goalie in 3 years. He overachieved earlier in the season. I'd be surprised if he can get back to a .910 and maintain it until Quick comes back.

Sign a better backup than Zatkoff or Enroth next year, those guys are bottom of the barrel and a penny for three dozen.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:02 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I think they both suck.

Budaj has been below average, Zatkoff hasn't even played like a bad NHL goalie, he's been worse than that.

Budaj wasn't going to sustain a .915 save percentage though, it's well above his career average and he hasn't even been an NHL goalie in 3 years. He overachieved earlier in the season. I'd be surprised if he can get back to a .910 and maintain it until Quick comes back.

Sign a better backup than Zatkoff or Enroth next year, those guys are bottom of the barrel and a penny for three dozen.
Tell us how you really feel! Encouraging win tonight.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:25 PM
PDF

Budaj is awesome.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:16 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,960 times
Quote:
Budaj is awesome.
That was easily his best game as a King tonight.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:12 PM
PDF

7express, I was wondering your opinions on the game experience at the NYC hockey arenas. I heard Barclays Center is crap, but maybe if you don't have a limited view seat then you're good? I've only been to MSG once and that was for the Knicks, but wow ticket prices are outrageous! I plan on going to all 3 games when the Kings are here in January, but wow you can sit in the first couple rows at a Devils game for less than you'd pay for nosebleeds at MSG! Crazy. Even Staples Center seats don't cost that much.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:22 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Quote:
7express, I was wondering your opinions on the game experience at the NYC hockey arenas. I heard Barclays Center is crap, but maybe if you don't have a limited view seat then you're good? I've only been to MSG once and that was for the Knicks, but wow ticket prices are outrageous! I plan on going to all 3 games when the Kings are here in January, but wow you can sit in the first couple rows at a Devils game for less than you'd pay for nosebleeds at MSG! Crazy. Even Staples Center seats don't cost that much.

Barclay's sucks, that is an atrocious hockey venue. As you said the seats at MSG are way to damn expensive, but the atmosphere is great though, so if you can afford it, it's good in that regard. My favorite in the area, even though it's the furthest away is the "Rock" the Prudential Center in Newark home of the Devils. Pretty good sightlines, unlike Barclay's where it seems like a 1/3 of the seats are obstructed, not as good of an atmosphere as MSG is, but that's to be expected in New Jersey where unless it's football teams are invisible (look at the Nets when they were across the river even in the Jason Kidd heyday in the early 2000's when the Knicks were on the 16 year downward trend the Knicks STILL outdrew them), reasonable prices, and even though it's the furthest, it's only a 20 minute train ride to Newark and than like a block and a half walk, so it's not like it's 2 hours further away.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:58 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Barclay's sucks, that is an atrocious hockey venue. As you said the seats at MSG are way to damn expensive, but the atmosphere is great though, so if you can afford it, it's good in that regard. My favorite in the area, even though it's the furthest away is the "Rock" the Prudential Center in Newark home of the Devils. Pretty good sightlines, unlike Barclay's where it seems like a 1/3 of the seats are obstructed, not as good of an atmosphere as MSG is, but that's to be expected in New Jersey where unless it's football teams are invisible (look at the Nets when they were across the river even in the Jason Kidd heyday in the early 2000's when the Knicks were on the 16 year downward trend the Knicks STILL outdrew them), reasonable prices, and even though it's the furthest, it's only a 20 minute train ride to Newark and than like a block and a half walk, so it's not like it's 2 hours further away.
Thank you for your feedback, it helps. I get what you mean about people treating Jersey like it's hours away. I work in Battery Park City, I can literally be in Jersey in 10 minutes from there.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:21 PM
PDF

This team really sucks. On a positive note, I got tickets to all 3 Kings games in the NYC area.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:32 PM
PDF

At least we are hanging on at .500, and Budaj is playing amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey