Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 01:49 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times

Advertisements

... and the Flyers are playing the Penguins.

OK, Home team. The Eagles won the NFL, it would be cool if the Flyers can win the NHL. I'm not an IH fan, or even a casual watcher, but I leave it on for "background" as I do other things around the house.

The Flyers tie the game and then this question comes to me.

Once the buzzer goes off to indicate a score, can that score be recalled? Is there any kind of penalty that would take points off the board?

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 04-22-2018 at 02:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 08:53 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Yes. More times than not it is due to goalie interference.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:50 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
I find the offside goal/coach's challenge recall obnoxious. I think it was in a Washington/Cbus game that the missed offside call lead to a goal and Torts challenged. But the offside was literally minutes before the goal. They had been playing on for a while. It's one thing if it's a 2 on 1 and a player streaks in for a goal but is called back as offside. It's quite another if play is continuous for a significant amount of time.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:56 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I find the offside goal/coach's challenge recall obnoxious. I think it was in a Washington/Cbus game that the missed offside call lead to a goal and Torts challenged. But the offside was literally minutes before the goal. They had been playing on for a while. It's one thing if it's a 2 on 1 and a player streaks in for a goal but is called back as offside. It's quite another if play is continuous for a significant amount of time.
coach should then be able to throw a red hankie onto the ice and they stop play immediately to review?

Old 04-29-2018, 07:56 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Yes. More times than not it is due to goalie interference.
A perfect example was last nights Game 2 in the Vegas/San Jose series. Vegas was stripped of their goal and SJ won in double overtime.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:37 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
coach should then be able to throw a red hankie onto the ice and they stop play immediately to review?
To be honest I'm not a fan of the coach's challenge at all. It interrupts the flow of the game. Have trust in the refs. It's their job. Sure, a few calls are missed but it all evens out in the end. Hockey is a fast sport.

But gun to my head, yes, I think there should be a time limit to challenge a missed offside. I don't care for the red hankie though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey