Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 04:22 PM

734 posts, read 2,617,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Based on your reaction about Conklin?

(Greetings from a former semi Ann Arborite. )
No, Hossa is one of my fav current players right now going back to his Ottawa days.

Conklin is just......ugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 08:32 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Wow. This speaks volumes. Anyone who feels they have a "right" to Boo someone because of his death. That's quit sick.

So if someone wheres a Hull jersey to game after game after game, I'm sure you'll have the same level of disgust, because after all, there are other jerseys out there. Right?
They booed him MANY other times, including Savard's jersey retirement night. And yes, people wear Hull jerseys, but when you look around the UC, you see every jersey under the sun, unlike the Joe where all you see are Yzerman jerseys and people foaming at the mouth mumbling "Steeeeevie, Steeeeeevie, Steeeeeevie" like a buncha zombies.

Now that Hossa is on the Wangs, I hereby declare him Marion Hoser.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,830 times
Quote:

Hossa coming to Hockeytown?

NHL.com - 2008 NHL Offseason News: Strange but true, Hossa's in Hockeytown - 07/02/2008 (http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367629 - broken link)

Its my birthday and look at the present I got

Old 07-02-2008, 11:12 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Grading Day 1 of free agency
Grading Day 2 of free agency

The Devils are bringing back Rolston and Holik : \. Let's see if they can find any more scorers in free agency.

Avery left the Rangers and signed w/ the Stars. That's a big loss for the NYR.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:07 AM

687 posts, read 2,032,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
They booed him MANY other times, including Savard's jersey retirement night. And yes, people wear Hull jerseys, but when you look around the UC, you see every jersey under the sun, unlike the Joe where all you see are Yzerman jerseys and people foaming at the mouth mumbling "Steeeeevie, Steeeeeevie, Steeeeeevie" like a buncha zombies.

Now that Hossa is on the Wangs, I hereby declare him Marion Hoser.
Oh good grief. Get a life. People aren't chanting "Stevie, Stevie, Stevie" unless he is there playing or by chance dropping the puck. Exaggeration much? You see people wearing all sorts of jerseys in the crowd at the Joe too. Believe me. UC ain't all that special.

And booing someone upon their death is pretty tacky if you ask me. There are a handful of types in this world where that may be fitting upon their death. Being a terrible owner of a hockey team is not one of them.

I'm sure all the newspapers will take Steve-O's declaration of Marion Hoser as gospel and hurriedly right it down for their next articles.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
Its my birthday and look at the present I got
Happy Birthday Sputnik!!

Old 07-03-2008, 09:24 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Oh good grief. Get a life. People aren't chanting "Stevie, Stevie, Stevie" unless he is there playing or by chance dropping the puck. Exaggeration much? You see people wearing all sorts of jerseys in the crowd at the Joe too. Believe me. UC ain't all that special.

And booing someone upon their death is pretty tacky if you ask me. There are a handful of types in this world where that may be fitting upon their death. Being a terrible owner of a hockey team is not one of them.

I'm sure all the newspapers will take Steve-O's declaration of Marion Hoser as gospel and hurriedly right it down for their next articles.
I truly hope that you Wang fans have to suffer through what Dollar Bill did to the Hawks, ONLY THEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND. What if your owner cut all your home games from TV? What would you do? Youd be pissed and probably boycott!!!! Right??? Right! Then what if he raised ticket prices on top of that. Strike two!!! Then say he was overheard (as Bill Wirtz was) saying he doesnt want the Cup in Detroit. Youd probably never step foot in the Joe again. And to make things worse, he gets rid of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc, in the same fashion Wirtz let Chelios, Belfour, etc go. Then let this happen for many years, and w/o any playoff appearances because your owner was too cheap to buy any talent.

You have no idea how much we've suffered around here. But the Hawks are back, mark my words.

And regarding your cute little "get a life" statement, I aint the one wearing a Wang jersey, sounds like someone else needs to get a life.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Sean avery heads to Dallas

Old 07-03-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I truly hope that you Wang fans have to suffer through what Dollar Bill did to the Hawks, ONLY THEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND. What if your owner cut all your home games from TV? What would you do? Youd be pissed and probably boycott!!!! Right??? Right! Then what if he raised ticket prices on top of that. Strike two!!! Then say he was overheard (as Bill Wirtz was) saying he doesnt want the Cup in Detroit. Youd probably never step foot in the Joe again. And to make things worse, he gets rid of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc, in the same fashion Wirtz let Chelios, Belfour, etc go. Then let this happen for many years, and w/o any playoff appearances because your owner was too cheap to buy any talent.

You have no idea how much we've suffered around here. But the Hawks are back, mark my words.

And regarding your cute little "get a life" statement, I aint the one wearing a Wang jersey, sounds like someone else needs to get a life.
You have no idea what I would do. I can tell you right now that I most certainly would not Boo a man upon his death, just because he didn't do what you and your fellow Slackhawk fans would like. There are few things in this world that deserve that sort of tacky treatment after they are passed. Just shows what sort of person would do that.

Suffering. This is HOCKEY. It's a passionate game. But it's not life or death.

As for the 'cute' get a life comment I gladly have one. And fortunately, for all us Wings fans, we have the cups to prove it. We should be really ashamed of wearing those jerseys proudly eh? Especially when the Wings have proved themselves. Gotcha.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Sean avery heads to Dallas
I already beat you to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey