Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 12:20 AM

172 posts, read 298,126 times

Advertisements

Hey guys.

Tomas Hertl Amazing Between the Legs Goal his 4th of the Game (10/8/13) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 01:55 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
End of 2nd, 2-1 Rangers. I don't care how this game ends up, Rangers look like a totally different team than Game 1. Let's hope they keep up the pressure. Richards with 2 so far. Maybe I was wrong about him. Cally hurt his shoulder. Very concerning.
I saw the game and in my opinion LA Kings did not play still a win is a win. But I was not impressed by Rangers, goal #3 was the strangest goal ever . I did not see game against Sharks

Rick Nash injured in Rangers' 9-2 loss to the Sharks : page 1 - NorthJersey.com but hoping next one against Ducks I will be able to see.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 PM

708 posts, read 954,590 times
Well, another bomb of a game. Feel bad for Henrik. The whole team looks overwhelmed. Hope things turn around by the time I see them play in Washington next Wednesday.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
Quote:
Well, another bomb of a game. Feel bad for Henrik. The whole team looks overwhelmed. Hope things turn around by the time I see them play in Washington next Wednesday.
Not after losing 6-0 at Anaheim (I saw the game) and now after losing to Blues 5-3.

Rangers, Marty Biron fall to Blues, 5-3 - NorthJersey.com

Old 10-12-2013, 11:58 PM

8,288 posts, read 23,096,556 times
Okay that's just F'in crazy!! wow!

Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Hope things turn around by the time I see them play in Washington next Wednesday.
Indeed they did I saw just a few last minutes of the third period (I did not check to see if the game was available). So what's your opinion from seeing it live?

Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 PM

Played a good hard skating game in the first 2 periods. 3rd period the Caps brought it hard. Lots of clearing the zone. The King was his usual greatness. Cally's goal was great. Lots of Ranger fans there. Very fun night!

Old 10-18-2013, 08:17 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,931,403 times
That was a big win the other night... not only AT Washington but King Henrik gets the shut-out against a team that can score many goals. Lets keep this rolling now.....

Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,931,403 times
So we haven't had much "other" talk besides some of the games that have been played this season so I wanted to start a little discussion and get peoples opinions.

There's a thread in the general sports section about Retired #'s. What are your thoughts about the Rangers as far as this goes? Below are some of my thoughts:

All these players are definitely well-deserved and I have no disagreements... although it's odd to see 2 players with the same # retired but they both played in different era's so they both deserved to be up in the rafters.

Another players # who will be retired at some point after he's retired is Henrik Lundqvist... that's a no brainer. Once he's done he'll have crushed all the Rangers goaltending records and that's saying A LOT because two of those players above were goaltenders for this team.

I'm a little surprised that a both of the following players don't have their #'s retired....... yet:

Jean Ratelle - Probably one of the most offensively talented players the Rangers have had in their history. He was a 4-time all-star with the Rangers and he led the team in scoring for 4 years. He played 862 Games with the Rangers and recorded 336 Goals and 817 total points. He's 6th all-time in games played, 2nd in goals, 3rd in assists, and 3rd in total points. Probably the biggest snub thus far.

Ron Greschner - He was Brian Leetch before Brian Leetch was drafted by the Rangers. He played his entire 16-year career with the Rangers and until Leetch came along he had all the Rangers defenseman records in terms of goals, assists, points, and games played with the Rangers. During the 80's he was even one of the most offensively gifted defenseman in the NHL. Besides... I got to play in a Celebrity Golf Outing with Mr. Greschner and he was such a great guy, and a heckuva golfer! He deserves to have his # up in the rafters.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM

Disagreed with #9 being retired when they did it and still feel the same. Ratelle, I agree with, but not Gresch. I loved watching Gresch play. And I am sure he is a great guy, but I feel only the greats should have their #s retired. Henrik, I think it is too early to say. If he gets injured and never plays another game, I would say no. If he continues on his current level of play or brings a cup to New York, I say yes. But I do not like to play the IF game. Only the stats after a player retires should be considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey