Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:03 PM

166 posts, read 705,398 times

Advertisements

The rest of Canada already hates Southern Ontario enough without adding another reason by putting a new NHL team there. The NHL has to embrace small markets like Winnipeg or Quebec City. I mean if the NBA can have a team in freakin Oklahoma City, I think the NHL can have a team in Winnipeg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 02:45 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,072 times
I think that Canada should have another team. Heck even 2 more teams to balance the league out. But not Toronto. It's bad enough NYC has 2 teams. Yeah da Rangers represent the state of NY and the Islanders represent the city of NY. But still that's bullcrap. No team should be allowed to have two teams.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 AM

823 posts, read 2,215,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
I think that Canada should have another team. Heck even 2 more teams to balance the league out. But not Toronto. It's bad enough NYC has 2 teams. Yeah da Rangers represent the state of NY and the Islanders represent the city of NY. But still that's bullcrap. No team should be allowed to have two teams.
Huh? The Rangers, who actually play in NY City, don't "represent the city of NY", but the Islanders, who play in the suburbs do?

The NYC Area has three teams because the market can support it. Toronto can easily support a second team and they should get it. The NHL has struggled in marginal markets. For every Dallas success there is a Phoenix failure. There is a reason that the NHL left Winnipeg. It should not go back. A second team in Toronto would make a killing.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:39 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,347,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
There is a reason that the NHL left Winnipeg. It should not go back.
Colorado, Ottawa, Bay Area...

Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
Huh? The Rangers, who actually play in NY City, don't "represent the city of NY", but the Islanders, who play in the suburbs do?

The NYC Area has three teams because the market can support it. Toronto can easily support a second team and they should get it. The NHL has struggled in marginal markets. For every Dallas success there is a Phoenix failure. There is a reason that the NHL left Winnipeg. It should not go back. A second team in Toronto would make a killing.
The Islanders should move.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 PM

54 posts, read 338,919 times
It will and should happen...eventually. I do agree that there should be more teams in Canada, and the fact that Bettman's plan is not working out so swell can only help Canada's chances.

I could see them putting two in Toronto, where there is money to be made, why not?

Old 01-27-2009, 05:03 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,861 times
Why does the rest of Canada hate southern Ontario? Could Hamilton support a team?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM

54 posts, read 338,919 times
Hamilton could support a team undoubtedly. I am sure anywhere in Canada could support a team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey