Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,557 times

Advertisements

Wings took care of business tonight as did the Pens, Canes, Nucks. Still to early to tell about the Ducks 3-3 late in the second!!

GO WINGS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 11:12 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,351,683 times
At the risk of repeating myself, "WOO-HOO! Let's go, Red Wings, let's go!"

Is it too soon to get my broom ready for Thursday's sweep?!?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:14 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
glad to get on the board this playoff season - dan boyle is a machine and douglas murray a beast

also crazy finish to the devils/canes ...... was far from interference though

goalies need to quit moving out of their crease and then complain if they get bumped - if you want to be like a skating player out on open ice, expect to deal with traffic like a skating player out on the ice

maybe if he spent more time getting in position and less trying to sell a call they would of made OT

an unusually poor decision by brodeur

Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times
Philly lost again!!!!!!!!!

hope Rangers can rebound tonight.

Hey i just realized. During the regular season the Sabres were the only team that gave the Bruins 4 losses. Wow and to think, that if Buffalo was even deserving to have the 8th spot, they would have a greater chance of beating Boston than the Canadiens.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,243,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
glad to get on the board this playoff season - dan boyle is a machine and douglas murray a beast

also crazy finish to the devils/canes ...... was far from interference though

goalies need to quit moving out of their crease and then complain if they get bumped - if you want to be like a skating player out on open ice, expect to deal with traffic like a skating player out on the ice

maybe if he spent more time getting in position and less trying to sell a call they would of made OT

an unusually poor decision by brodeur
Thank you, Jussi did not see Broduer when he bumped into him. I'm not even sure why Brodeur was that far out of his crease to begin with, if anything, Marty's the one who caused it. Great finish though, the first ever goal scored at 19:59 of the 3rd in a playoff game.

Nice job by the Sharks by coming through and winning game 3. Not so good news for Philadelphia at the moment, or Columbus. And too bad for the Blues, Luongo was too much to handle. Nice run by the Blues though.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 AM

definitely a good bounce back season for the blues and one they can build on

i hate seeing all these other western teams having a fairly easy go of it...........

I think marty was upset that he felt there was some interference on a previous goal and that he was getting bumped throughout the series

with a tie game, his defense set and the clock winding down to nothing I believe he saw Jussi sliding across with his back turned to the goal in wide open ice

so he slid into him and after a teeny bit of contact marty tried to sell it

i expect he didn't expect to even see a shot and if for some reason one did come through he'd either be at the right angle or the horn would of sounded

i think he wanted to sell contact while there was wide open ice, so he could skate away barking at the refs at the period end and try to gain an advantage in OT

unfortunately for him, a puck did come through and the canes won the game - another unfortunate incident is that they are replaying the goal and giving it a lot of attention and it's real clear the he came out of the crease, if anything he created the contact and that the contact wasn't that bad ........ this may hurt him in getting legitimate calls as the series goes on

Old 04-22-2009, 11:34 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
The Wings have had goals exactly like that one taken away from them multiple times (not yet in this years playoffs, but you know it will happen). Why did it count this time? Is it because the players name isn't Holmstrom? Don't misunderstand, I think it should count.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:42 AM

c'mon now - holmstrom camps in the crease and tries to make contact with everything

he's known league wide as being one of the biggest pain in the butt guys because of this

it's a pretty rare occurance for a goal to be called back and i don't think i've ever seen it done on a play like the one last night

however, with holmstrom (and the wings in general) they get more than they lose - i would guess for every 1 error where a goal was called back due to a bad interference call they had 10 go in where you could of easily called interference and 50 go in where clean, physical play up front made the difference

Old 04-22-2009, 06:43 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
it's a pretty rare occurance for a goal to be called back and i don't think i've ever seen it done on a play like the one last night
It happened against Anaheim in the conference finals 2 years ago, and at lest 2 or 3 times in the playoffs last year. Another one I recall was a regular sason game against Anaheim, last year, when a last minute game tying goal was called back. Holmstrom was not in the crease on any of those. At least one, and possibly more, of those incidents the goalie was the one who initiated the contact (outside the crease).Very much like the one from last night.

here's some vids>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkJhw...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7qTM...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrWsM20JsA

Last edited by dkf747; 04-22-2009 at 07:00 PM..

Old 04-22-2009, 07:41 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,770 times
Dern it, Lundqvist comes up huge again and preserves the Rangers win over my Caps 2-1 which means they got to win the rest of the way. Caps played good and at least Ovie scored (as well as hit several pipes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey