Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 10:11 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times

Advertisements

Glad to see Calgary out. Normally I'll cheer for the Canadian teams, but they're a bunch of cheap shot artists and thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
I'm happy to see Chicago advance. Meanwhile, go 'Canes, beat the Devils tonight!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 PM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
oh the Ducks aint the Mighty Ducks anymore so uh yeah they got lucky with San Jose. But big eliminaation in the 2nd Round.
I think the Ducks will be eliminated in the 2nd round too.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I'm happy to see Chicago advance. Meanwhile, go 'Canes, beat the Devils tonight!
Tonight I'm a Canes fan... Could provide the Pens with another home series if the Canes are paired up with them..

That said - elsewhere on the Hockey front: Dan Blysma has been named Head Coach of the Pens - shedding the interim tag. Something tells me maybe Minnesota came calling? Hello, this is Ray, how can I help, what? No you can't talk to Dan, he's busy right now. click

Ray Shero: Hello Dan, you're doing a fine Job, let's get a multi year deal done asap, what'a ya say? You good with that?

The rest is history as they say. This Rookie Head Coach is going to plow through to the finals... Gotta earn that paycheck!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Oh my God!!!!!!

I love my Cardiac Canes!!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,409 times
Talking Caps and Canes win

2 exciting finishes to both games tonight. First the Caps get a fantastic goal by Federov even though they were thoroughly outplayed by a good Rangers team.

So then I pull up the remainder of the Canes/Devils game and the Devils look good with about 7 minutes left then my computer decides right then to take a dump and by the time I reload everything and get the game back, I find the Canes have scored twice and have taken the lead All I'm thinking is WTF??? How does Marty give up 2 goals in the last 2 minutes especially that last softie.

Some good series coming up, Canes play Bruins which they last met in 1999 when Carolina was still playing in the Greensboro Coliseum. I went to that series. Then the mother of all series, the Penguins with Crosby and Malkin go against my Caps with Ovechkin, Semin, and the new surprise of the playoffs Simeon Varlomov. I sense both series going to 7 games.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Good games tonite, even though what may prove that the league doesn't treat Avery fairly, was an interference play late in the 3rd by a Cap in the neutral zone, pretty obvious, that they let go. They called almost the exact same play against a Ranger though, when he interfered with A.O. That being said though, the influence that had on the outcome is debatable.
Carolina and NJ, wow. The tying goal on the Canes part, that was one I could understand Brodeur not stopping. That last one though, looked like he was too deep in his crease and too overconfident (let up) about the game going into overtime.
Who thinks that NJ should have played Weekes or Clemensen instead, once Marty had that late 6 game losing streak?
I think Cinderella will be over for Anaheim, would not be suprised to see them swept. The Wings will probably figure out Hiller and Anaheim being prone to penalties (since they are probably the dirtiest team in the league and probably lead in roughing and fighting) will help Detroit (hope I'm wrong though).
Carolina and Boston is way too close to call. I would say Boston in 7, less games if Chara really steps up. Carolina doesn't have a stud defenseman, like Boston does.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 04-28-2009 at 09:48 PM..

Old 04-28-2009, 09:50 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
BTW, an interesting point from another site, it made me think a little bit.

Brodeur sucks. The only reason he did good was because of his team's clutching and grabbing tactics. Once the NHL got rid of that after the lockout, New jersey hasn't made it past the first round of the playoffs. It's not a coincedince, Brodeur just sucks

Old 04-29-2009, 07:45 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Ah yes, bring on the Crapitals. Pens - Caps series will be hard fought but the Pens will prevail. We HATE them big time.

Oh and l'll hang on the Canes side for another series. At least take it seven there in Bean Town.

I love the Playoffs...

Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,072 times
All i can say is NJ fell apaaart. Dont blame brodeur one bit. Rangers collapsed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey