Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:33 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
i like the jackets and hope they knock out detroit - they've been an exciting team to follow

i don't see either of them pulling the upset though - although, oddly enough I think the jackets are in a better position to do it

the redwings are pure polish, their pp is lethal and they're a hard team to get shots against

however, their pk hasn't been the most consistent, goalie hasn't been the most consistent and c'bus has a really good, fast skating team and a big question mark in goalie - but one who can just flat out take over a game and make 40+ saves against good offensive teams

i was excited to see a lot of these teams make it, but disapointed at the pairings as I don't think they can advance
Too bad the only thing worse than the Wings pk is the jackets pp, we are god awful, I honestly would rather just play 5-5 and have the penalty saved to cancel out a jackets penalty... too bad we cant

Jackets can put in a good fight against the wings but if we fall more than a goal behind its basically over, I don't see us breaking down the wings when they focus entirely on D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 10:48 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
Too bad the only thing worse than the Wings pk is the jackets pp, we are god awful, I honestly would rather just play 5-5 and have the penalty saved to cancel out a jackets penalty... too bad we cant

Jackets can put in a good fight against the wings but if we fall more than a goal behind its basically over, I don't see us breaking down the wings when they focus entirely on D.
i agree with that - they are hard enough to setup against as it is - when they get a lead and just start controlling the puck, killing time and looking for one off breaks to stretch the lead they're deadly and many teams don't have the discipline to stay with it when facing that

disapointed in my sharks last night - just like how they opened last years playoffs and playing like they have for the past few years

they need to play like they actually care out there - i'm starting to think most of the guys just don't get it - regardless of how many character vets they bring in to show the way

Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Anyone else noticed that the home teams to date have won 6 of 8, first two nights [3/4 each night]?

Hopefully, that will NOT continue tonight, with the Blues going over the Canuckles! Esp. with this knowledge: NHL.com - 2009 Playoffs Conference Quarterfinals: The importance of Game 2 - 04/16/2009

Why does this not look right to me NHL.com - Standings: 2008-2009 Playoffs: First Round Matchups on a few of these - for example see below, how can you be 5-0-1 against another team but then they are 1-3-2 against you?

Bruins
53-19-10 ― 116
Games Left: 0 (Home: 0, Away: 0) vs MTL: 5-0-1
1 VS 8
Canadiens
41-30-11 ― 93
Games Left: 0 (Home: 0, Away: 0) vs BOS: 1-3-2

Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 AM

69 posts, read 220,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Why does this not look right to me NHL.com - Standings: 2008-2009 Playoffs: First Round Matchups on a few of these - for example see below, how can you be 5-0-1 against another team but then they are 1-3-2 against you?

Bruins
53-19-10 ― 116
Games Left: 0 (Home: 0, Away: 0) vs MTL: 5-0-1
1 VS 8
Canadiens
41-30-11 ― 93
Games Left: 0 (Home: 0, Away: 0) vs BOS: 1-3-2
MTL has lost 2 games in OT to the Bruins, and has won 1 game. Hence, the 5 W (including OTW)-0 L (in regulation) - 1 OTL (MTL's shootout win in their first meeting) for the Bruins, and the 1-3-2 record for the Habs.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,111 times
It is nice to see fans of the opposing team give credit where credit is due. I have repped you both, ulnevrwalkalone and Finger Laker, for being classy guys. Now if we could just get you jobs on Versus or NBC so I could quit having to listen to those announcers 'dis' Detroit. Aren't they suppossed to be neutral?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
It is nice to see fans of the opposing team give credit where credit is due. I have repped you both, ulnevrwalkalone and Finger Laker, for being classy guys. Now if we could just get you jobs on Versus or NBC so I could quit having to listen to those announcers 'dis' Detroit. Aren't they suppossed to be neutral?
Ya but if you are neutral you tend to root for the underdog

Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etk1131 View Post
MTL has lost 2 games in OT to the Bruins, and has won 1 game. Hence, the 5 W (including OTW)-0 L (in regulation) - 1 OTL (MTL's shootout win in their first meeting) for the Bruins, and the 1-3-2 record for the Habs.
thanks... that's what I get for reading w/o thinking, while on a conference call...

Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Now if we could just get you jobs on Versus or NBC so I could quit having to listen to those announcers 'dis' Detroit. Aren't they suppossed to be neutral?
The versus guys are the worst!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The versus guys are the worst!
+1, they suck

when is the NHL TV contract up with VS so we can get back to the good graces of ESPN??

Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM

317 posts, read 535,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
+1, they suck

when is the NHL TV contract up with VS so we can get back to the good graces of ESPN??

Good graces of ESPN??? I surely hope you aren't serious. ESPN was just as bad as VERSUS is now. NHL on FOX was horrible as well. I would rather pay for the Center Ice package and watch the local channels. It would be nice to see a sports station show a scheduled game with the announcers of a different station. I was at the Wings game yesterday and FSN Detroit was there, as well as VERSUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey