Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 04:13 PM

308 posts, read 757,429 times

Advertisements

If it came down to Dustin Byfuglien and Patrick Sharp (and probably Kris Versteeg as well) and I could only keep one of those guys, I have no doubt in saying I would keep Patrick Sharp.

Patrick Sharp is an all around maybe not great but incredibly good player. He does everything very well. And people talk about Dustin Byfuglien's playoffs, but who was 3rd in points for the entire playoffs after Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews? It was Patrick Sharp. A more consistent scorer who plays an arguably bigger role on a team especially given the fact we don't really have many young centers ready to step up next season to replace him. Patrick Sharp must be kept, and I didn't want to get rid of Byfuglien, but if it means keeping Sharp then it's a great move in my eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
I think Buffs goals got a lot of pub cause of the clutch timing, having a hat trick, and being that lovable unlikely hero.

With that said, I don't think there are any hockey people out there that really would rather have Buff than Sharpy. I may have considered shipping Steegers but oh well, can't undo it now.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:30 PM

308 posts, read 757,429 times
Well, I'm not a salary cap genius or anything, but I do know that as the offseason goes on, things are going to have to happen, most notably with Niemi and Hjalmarrson. A guy like Kris Versteeg might still have to go.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 PM

That was a pretty brutal way to lose. Preds are a good team tho, I felt they played us the best last year in the post season of any team. Only one penalty, and just lots of smart hockey

Last edited by Orangeish; 10-13-2010 at 09:17 PM..

Old 10-19-2010, 07:55 AM

Looking up...

Old 01-19-2013, 04:10 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
So living in Milwaukee if NBC or any station has a Blackhawks game we always get the game since we are right next door, our TV markets touch each other and Milwaukee is only 29 miles away from IL. So we got the game just like we have for years well since the Hawks came back on TV, except in the 3rd period today. NBC decided to cut away when the Hawks were up 4-1 in the middle of the 3rd period to go to the Phila/Pitt game. So stupid of them, do they actually think we are bored with a 4-1 game at that point and would rather watch a Penguins/Flyers game? who would watch 2.5hrs of one game then just keep watching when NBC cuts away? do they really think there are more Pitt/Phila fans than Blackhawks fans in Milwaukee or Wisconsin? I don't know where our NBC regional office is or if this was a New York decision. Either way I'll just watch on firstrow.eu or I will just buy the NHL league pass since it's only $50 this year. Next time maybe I will just drive an hour down to Trax tavern in Deerfield to watch the game.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM

2,941 posts, read 5,182,436 times
MilCity: did Chicago's NBC also cut off the Hawks game, if you've heard? I think nobody, including LA and Chicago, were able to see the Hawks-Kings after the switch, be that Pens-Flyers were 100% national later in the games. Heard there was no warning for a stoppage in play, even, when they switched your game.

Here in Boston, we had the full Pens-Flyers, with occasional cutins to the other game at intermission. The first half hour of the Kings game was shown in full before cutting to the other game, which they seemed to delay starting to allow all the country to see the banner rising in LA.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM

Solid start to the season. Hossa is beasting...for now. Hopefully he can stay healthy. This season is all about Crawford. It's make or break time for him

Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 AM

570 posts, read 580,809 times
hossa is awesome, sometimes he makes it look like hes playing pond hockey.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 AM

Welp, that's a good start. They can clinch a playoff spot after 30 games if they keep this up :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey