Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 02:34 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Clean hit? Hmmm, if it was I wonder why Krapwall got misconduct? That was a dangerous, dumb hit. And Koci doesnt play for the Hawks currently.

I'm curious as to who thinks that besides the Blackhawks and their fans. NHL.com and the announcers on VS. and the guys on NBC today have all said it was a clean hit. That picture that you posted...Kronwall did not have his hand out and punch him in the face. NONE of the refs called anything when the initial hit happened. And they have been pretty good about calling what they see in these playoffs.

ETA: And Campbell is an idiot. He should pull up his hits from his past and check a few of those out. Gutless. Uh huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 PM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
I think the picture says it all. Bad hit, good call by the refs.
Kronwall hit, Khabibulin status loom large ahead of Game 4
See this pic

Good hit, bad call.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Clean hit? Hmmm, if it was I wonder why Krapwall got misconduct? That was a dangerous, dumb hit. And Koci doesnt play for the Hawks currently.
No one on earth knows why refs sometimes makes the calls they do (or don't) make.

Look. Hockey is a contact sport. If you don't like it then go watch figure skating. That was a good hockey hit. Stuart hit him again today with a similar hit. Guess what? No penalty. (Is Havlat stupid for not keeping his head up, one game after getting laid out by Kronner?).

Old 05-25-2009, 08:46 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
ETA: And Campbell is an idiot. He should pull up his hits from his past and check a few of those out. Gutless. Uh huh.
Now you wanna bring up someone's past? Holy crap, woman. Once again we're dealing with classless Wang fans who always have to "but if" everything.

Dont you have some rocks to go rake around or something?

Old 05-25-2009, 08:50 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
See this pic

Good hit, bad call.
Thanks for the link, that shows it better. What is shown in that freeze frame doesnt tell the whole story. They can show the instant moment of impact, but its a single frame. What you dont see is Krapwall's fists/arms to Havlat's face (as he followed through with his check), which probably prompted the call from the refs.

0:52 seconds in:
YouTube - Nicklas Kronwall DESTROYS Martin Havlat - WCF 2009 [ Versus Feed ]

Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Now you wanna bring up someone's past? Holy crap, woman. Once again we're dealing with classless Wang fans who always have to "but if" everything.

Dont you have some rocks to go rake around or something?

Once again...let's try to focus on a topic instead of a person.

Again, I notice nothing is being said of the commentators, refs, analysts all saying that it's a clean hit, finished check. They didn't call anything until Havlat was down and the Chicago bench and fans were looking for retribution.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the link, that shows it better. What is shown in that freeze frame doesnt tell the whole story. They can show the instant moment of impact, but its a single frame. What you dont see is Krapwall's fists/arms to Havlat's face (as he followed through with his check), which probably prompted the call from the refs.

0:52 seconds in:

YouTube - Nicklas Kronwall DESTROYS Martin Havlat - WCF 2009 [ Versus Feed ]
You call it "following thorugh" as if he meant to do that. He was in motion and could not stop is how I see it. I don't think he is guilty of what you're trying to pin on him. I guess that's just something we're going to have to agree to disagree on. Of course looking at the vid you posted I don't see his arm making contact with his face at all. Look at about 1:00 into the vid.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 AM

467 posts, read 1,190,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post

That was a clean hit! Havlat had his head down. Bring Koci on. The Wings will just score while he's in the penalty box.
Now, dkf747, according to the rules of hockey, you can not make contact with the other player unless he has the puck or touches the puck.

Havlat had either. Plus, there was plenty of time for Kronwell to adjust his speed or turn. He did either. As a result, he to the penalty.

Now, the problem that playoff have is that the referees don't always give the call for delayed hits or interference calls. I see allot of this being passed for both teams.

I'm pretty sure that the referees want to keep the game moving. However, the problem with this is that sometimes because they don't make the proper call, they left the game get out of control and then it's too late to put the genie back in the bottle.

One of the major problems with this, is it spills over into youth hockey. Kids see this type of play, then they come to the rink and play the same way, then we here from the kids..."Why me, such and such did it in the NHL and they didn't get called for it!"

Yeah, and your not in the NHL...is generally what my response is, as I give him two weeks out of the rink for being stupid.

So was it a clean hit? NO! The player did not have possession of the puck. It doesn't state in the rules...player looking down at the puck can be hit. If Havlat would have had possession of the puck, it would have been a clean hit. But he did not. It's pretty black and white in this case.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 AM

467 posts, read 1,190,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Once again...let's try to focus on a topic instead of a person.

Again, I notice nothing is being said of the commentators, refs, analysts all saying that it's a clean hit, finished check. They didn't call anything until Havlat was down and the Chicago bench and fans were looking for retribution.
Well, the commentators are not on the ice surface. But the one thing they do have at their finger tips is instant replay. Maybe the commentators forget about the contact rule which I posted above.

The rule is designed to prevent this type of injury. So lets review...

"In order for you to make contact with the player, the player must have possession of the puck!"

The rule does not say...Maybe possession of the puck, almost possession of the puck, or on it's way to possession of the puck.

Now in his feet doesn't mean possession...ON HIS STICK MEANS POSSESSION!

Now, lets review. Did Havlat have the puck on his stick? That would be a big fat....NO!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Well, the commentators are not on the ice surface. But the one thing they do have at their finger tips is instant replay. Maybe the commentators forget about the contact rule which I posted above.

The rule is designed to prevent this type of injury. So lets review...

"In order for you to make contact with the player, the player must have possession of the puck!"

The rule does not say...Maybe possession of the puck, almost possession of the puck, or on it's way to possession of the puck.

Now in his feet doesn't mean possession...ON HIS STICK MEANS POSSESSION!

Now, lets review. Did Havlat have the puck on his stick? That would be a big fat....NO!
You're entitled to your opinion as am I.

You think there would have been a penalty had Havlat immediately gotten up and play continued?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey