Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins? Penguins or Red Wings?
Pens in 4 0 0%
Pens in 5 0 0%
Pens in 6 3 11.54%
Pens in 7 2 7.69%
Wings in 4 1 3.85%
Wings in 5 8 30.77%
Wings in 6 9 34.62%
Wings in 7 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 PM

103 posts, read 224,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
pittsburgh is classless. the worst fans
I want to address this first...you say that Pittsburgh is classless...YET when the Pens were skating around after the game with the cup you could clearly hear the Detroit fans booing at least twice. Also, when Crosby for injured they were chanting "Crosby Sucks" as well as cheering that he was injured...imo that is classless! So I think you have it backwards buddy! Last season you didn't hear Pens fans booing when the Red Wings won the cup on their ice!

About the Crosby "not shaking hands". Look at NHL.com...you can clearly see Crosby shaking hands at the end of the game! He was at the end of the line probably due to getting his knee looked at again. But he was out there shaking all of the red wings hands. So you point there is completely wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I need to correct some errors here. The series was going to start on a weekend because that's what NBC wanted. NBC wanted games 1,2,5,6,and 7. When they announced the later weekend start everyone started complaining. The NHL decided to move it up a week to the earlier weekend. They couldn't start the series on a Tuesday or a Wednesday becuase NBC wouldn't accept that. It was not a conspiracy against the Wings. It was just the result of an incompetent Commisioner getting a bad TV deal.
Thanks df747 I didn't know all of that.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:35 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I need to correct some errors here. The series was going to start on a weekend because that's what NBC wanted. NBC wanted games 1,2,5,6,and 7. When they announced the later weekend start everyone started complaining. The NHL decided to move it up a week to the earlier weekend. They couldn't start the series on a Tuesday or a Wednesday becuase NBC wouldn't accept that. It was not a conspiracy against the Wings. It was just the result of an incompetent Commisioner getting a bad TV deal.
never said it was a conspiracy. I asked if they would have done the same thing if golden boy was hurt. I'm betting not.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmee1409 View Post
I want to address this first...you say that Pittsburgh is classless...YET when the Pens were skating around after the game with the cup you could clearly hear the Detroit fans booing at least twice. Also, when Crosby for injured they were chanting "Crosby Sucks" as well as cheering that he was injured...imo that is classless! So I think you have it backwards buddy! Last season you didn't hear Pens fans booing when the Red Wings won the cup on their ice!

About the Crosby "not shaking hands". Look at NHL.com...you can clearly see Crosby shaking hands at the end of the game! He was at the end of the line probably due to getting his knee looked at again. But he was out there shaking all of the red wings hands. So you point there is completely wrong!
enjoy the stanley tumbler. the real cup resides in detroit. crosby and malkin are dirtbags. malkin should have been taken off the ice in game 3 in handcuffs. thank god college football is starting soon. professional sports are all turning into boxing.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
you didn't answer the question. would they have moved the series up if golden boy was hurt?
first learn to read...i did answer your question. it is not my fault you are illiterate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmee1409 View Post
I don't know why they wouldn't have moved up the series...they wanted to get a jump on the NBA so therefor they probably still would have. (yes I know all you red wing fans will flame about that but whatever).
I was pointed out being wrong by dkf747 which I also thanked for correcting me.

Quote:
malkin didn't have a good series huh? probably why he won the MVP.
wow for someone that thinks he know everything about hockey you would think you would know the conn smythe is not just about the finals...it is MVP of the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS!! in which Malkin lead everyone in points!

Quote:
the refs sucked, but that's no excuse for detroits poor play the final two games.
yet again with your excuses...get over it already! Just because you write no excuse doesn't mean you aren't making them...just thought you should have that pointed out to you.

[quote=thefinalsay;9277078]I am disappointed in lemieux. he was always a pretty classy guy. wonder why he allows all that trash on his teams. it's cool.[/qote]
now are you attacking Lemieux...lol loser!

So since you only state facts....where are your facts here?

Quote:
pittsburgh will feel the wrath of the salary cap sooner or later. all those 1st round draft picks can't stay together forever. they certainly won't stay in pittsburgh. it's not a really good sports town.
I think this might be the dumbest statement you have said yet...Pittsburgh is not a good sports town...HAHAHA

yeah considering how many championships they have won..lol

yet again...you only state facts...where are your facts about pittsburgh being "not a really good sports town"?

Pittsburgh is MUCH more stable (economy wise) than Detriot is that is 100% true!

Old 06-13-2009, 02:40 PM

either way, perhaps the penguins will use the off season to grow up, and perhaps next year, they can earn a cup like real men do.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:41 PM

perhaps some of the wings fans will learn to grow up and quit making excuses for their short comings...

Old 06-13-2009, 02:43 PM

[quote=tmee1409;9277260]first learn to read...i did answer your question. it is not my fault you are illiterate.

I was pointed out being wrong by dkf747 which I also thanked for correcting me.

wow for someone that thinks he know everything about hockey you would think you would know the conn smythe is not just about the finals...it is MVP of the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS!! in which Malkin lead everyone in points!

yet again with your excuses...get over it already! Just because you write no excuse doesn't mean you aren't making them...just thought you should have that pointed out to you.

Quote:
I am disappointed in lemieux. he was always a pretty classy guy. wonder why he allows all that trash on his teams. it's cool.[/qote]
now are you attacking Lemieux...lol loser!

So since you only state facts....where are your facts here?

I think this might be the dumbest statement you have said yet...Pittsburgh is not a good sports town...HAHAHA

yeah considering how many championships they have won..lol

yet again...you only state facts...where are your facts about pittsburgh being "not a really good sports town"?

Pittsburgh is MUCH more stable (economy wise) than Detriot is that is 100% true!
personal attack. violation of the TOS. talk about the teams, not your fellow posters. this thread is about to be closed anyhoo. the finals are over. pittsburgh is a joke of sports town. I went to a game at heinz field, and you could hear a pin drop.

redwings 11 cups and tradition
penguins 1 cup, 1 tumbler, and no tradition.

original six. see you next year!

Old 06-13-2009, 02:55 PM

haha if you consider that a personal attack...LOL wow

Attack Pittsburgh all you want...you have still yet to show any facts about your false statements.

btw Penguins have 3 cups...and a lot of tradition!

For the sake of the REAL fans...I hope the wings make it again. I also hope al the bandwangoners leave and not damage the real fans reputation.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:56 PM

I hope this thread is closed and deleted...then you can't make your excuses as to why the wings lost the cup to the better team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey