Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 06:38 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,736,817 times

Advertisements

Hawks because Neimi's old team?

Red Wings because we dominated them last year in the playoffs?

Sharks have same issues in their own zone, not able to get the puck out of the zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Boy... the Hawks or the Red Wings??? Name your poison

They both deserve a ton of respect. But.... we beat Detroit last year in 5 and even though I think both teams are better this year, I think the Sharks can do it again.

I know Chicago made a lot of changes since they last met San Jose, but they still have a lot of speed and skill and give the Sharks problems.

Whoever it is, it will be one heck of a series.

But, I just read a post from another friend on another board who said that the only team he fears from the west is Chicago?! I told him that there were plenty of teams from the west that the Flyers should be concerned about if they faced them in the playoffs. And frankly, I think the West has more quality than the East! What do you folks think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,378,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Hawks because Neimi's old team?

Red Wings because we dominated them last year in the playoffs?

Sharks have same issues in their own zone, not able to get the puck out of the zone.
It's going to be hard for the Vancouver series to be as good as the one just won by the Sharks over Detroit.... but I'm looking forward to it.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
It's going to be hard for the Vancouver series to be as good as the one just won by the Sharks over Detroit.... but I'm looking forward to it.
What a game last night. Niemi is clutch!

Sharks will have to play better to beat Van.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:19 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,786,995 times
I think this series will be better than Detroit's b/c Vancouver is a better team. I can't wait for tomorrow; Sharks for the Stanley Cup!

Old 05-14-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Well Vancouver is favored to win but you never know.

Sharks just need to win one of two in Vancouver. If the series is 1-1 going to the tank then Sharks will a good shot.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:56 PM

Well.... Wallin, Nichol and Mayers are gone.

Who do you think is also going to be shown the door... if anyone?

Old 06-25-2011, 12:03 PM

Setoguchi gone and Brent Burns in.
Don't know much about Burns... sounds like a good pickup but I did see a friend whose opinion I respect say that although he's great on offense, his defensive play hasn't been all that great. He was a -10 last year.

What do others think?

Old 06-25-2011, 01:01 PM

406 posts, read 579,409 times
With Setoguchi gone and Burns in, I don't think San Jose will benefit. I know Devin was streaky, but he was a good goal scorer. It gives Minnesota more versatility in scoring, something they desperately need. They have Havlat, Koivu, Latendresse, Setoguchi, Bouchard.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
With Setoguchi gone and Burns in, I don't think San Jose will benefit. I know Devin was streaky, but he was a good goal scorer. It gives Minnesota more versatility in scoring, something they desperately need. They have Havlat, Koivu, Latendresse, Setoguchi, Bouchard.
I can buy that Devin will be a big plus for the Wild.... but, can you comment on Burns' defensive skills and toughness?

Old 06-25-2011, 03:59 PM

406 posts, read 579,409 times
Quote:
I can buy that Devin will be a big plus for the Wild.... but, can you comment on Burns' defensive skills and toughness?

He's an offensive defenseman, very similar to Patrice Brisebois and Marc-Andre Bergeron. Burns is a very big body and can push you around(6'5" 230), so his toughness isn't in question. But, his defense is suspect at best and flat out invisible at worst. Last year, he put up 17-29-46, but was -10. He's been in the league since 2003-04(all with the Wild) and this is how his +/- has looked:

When he's healthy, he's very capable of 15 goals and 45-50 points. But he's far from an elite defenseman. His defense is invisible at times and he takes a lot of chances. He's definitely a modern version of Brisebois. Brisebois was the same way. He had a year of 15 goals and -30, and that from a defenseman is unacceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey