U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM

7,185 posts, read 5,486,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
What a game you guys had against Philly yesterday.. Thornton and Heatley will take you guys far this year.
That's why Doug Wilson made the trade. Heatley already has 8 goals, Marleau 9 and Thornton leads the league in assists. Now if they can just get Pavelski, Setoguchi, and maybe even Mitchell back...
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 AM

1,814 posts, read 1,304,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
That's why Doug Wilson made the trade. Heatley already has 8 goals, Marleau 9 and Thornton leads the league in assists. Now if they can just get Pavelski, Setoguchi, and maybe even Mitchell back...
And if Clowe can get back in the groove.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
And if Clowe can get back in the groove.
Big shootout winner by Clowe against the Kings tonight, maybe that'll get him going.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:02 AM

131 posts, read 312,752 times
Pavelski is back and got his first goal!

Old 11-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Went to the game and understanding that the Pens were without Malkin, Gonchar, Kennedy, Talbet and Letang had to leave early... the Sharks looked good. Had some jump and returned the Pens aggressive play when the Pens tried rough stuff.

On a side note, there were a lot of Pens fans at the game but there were no problems from what I saw. Everything was cool unlike games against some teams I can think of.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 PM

8,164 posts, read 9,463,549 times
the sharks just seem to handle the pens and I like it

a good stretch for the sharks ... they've had some injuries of their own that they are working through, but it looks like things are starting to come together a little bit ... more consistent effort across all lines, bodies getting in front of shots, etc

Old 11-14-2009, 08:11 AM

Great article about the SJ Sharks franchise..

Silicon Valley Learns How To Play Hockey - Forbes.com

Old 11-14-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Great article about the SJ Sharks franchise..

Silicon Valley Learns How To Play Hockey - Forbes.com
Thanks for the link.... very cool article.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:08 AM

Ok.... we're way past the mid-point of the season.
The Sharks have looked really good lately, do you think they have the stuff to go all the way?

I think they have the talent... but I'm not convinced yet that they have the grit to go all they way. I hope they do.... What do you think?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:31 AM

8,164 posts, read 9,463,549 times
i think they are playing really well and recently have been playing a playoff style of hockey

the last 3 against the kings they pretty much manhandled them (even the one where the sharks lost 6-2) ..... last night they just beat up anaheim and when you can get 8 guys scoring in a game there is the potential for some balance

However, i'm starting to feel a bit like a yankees fan or something

In the past few years they've won the presidents trophy, had one of the best starts to a season in nhl history, one of the best finishes to a season in NHL history .... we've see art ross trophies, hart trophies, rocket richard tropies

we've seen some incredible strings of goaltending, strings where they'd put 40 pucks on the net in a night

about anything you could do in the regular season we've seen it .... however, that's set an expectation for the playoffs which just hasn't been met

not only has it not been met, it's been done in a way that is pretty consistent from year to year and in a way that is opposite of how they can look during the regular season

it's hard not to focus on those type of issues when you see them in a game .... if they have sloppy turnovers, come out flat, try to coast with a lead, get out worked in a game, the PP goes dead, etc it dampens the results and makes you skeptical about the direction of the season ...... even if they have only 2 regulation losses in their last 18 games

in an odd way it was almost more enjoyable in the sutter/early ron wilson years where they were a lot more up and down in the regular season, had similar exits in the playoffs, but with lower expectations and a grittier style you were left more satisfied .... battles with the blues and avalanche really stand out in my mind as a lot of fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey