U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,927,015 times

Advertisements

I cant remeber all the corporate names...

AA Center (Dallas)
Xcel Energy (Minnesota)
Whatever (Nashville)
United Center (Chicago)
Northland Colessium (Edmonton)
MSG (NYC)
Pepsi Center (Denver)
GM Place (Vancouver)

I've tried getting tickets to games in Montreal and Toronto but those are tough. Also seen many minor league teams playing when Im in town...Tulsa, OKC, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lake Charles, Dubuque, Anchorage, Prince George, Ft McMurray.

I should add that while the older stadiums have charm, like MSG, they arent built for anyone taller than 5'8".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 08:22 PM

111 posts, read 166,718 times
"Capital Centre-Great for tailgating before and after games. Fantastic atmosphere and most of all had the "Big John" which was a bathroom with over 50 urinals. Was great to go in and out while women were lined up 30 deep in the concourse. Miss that venue the most"

The Big John rocked. I had season tickets, section 101 row B seats 14, 15 on the aisle. They used to be able to dump the puck over the glass back then, got quite a few pucks, but gave most away to kids

RBC Center,
Very nice arena

Spectrum
They had real glass, I was sitting directly behind the goal and the first puck that hit it I jumped after being used to the slap on the Cap Centre plastic.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:33 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,802,832 times
I've got catching up to do.

I've only looked down at the Air Canada Center from the 20th floor of the Fairmont Hotel across the street.

The only ice I've sat a few rows from was at the Toyota Center and that was one of the years the Aeros win a Calder Cup...they played the Hershey Brown Bears that series.

I'd be on cloud nine if I could mow down a bunch of AHL and NHL rinks in one extended roadie sooner than later. I'd start at MSG, no doubt.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 AM

5,812 posts, read 16,685,071 times
I've been to a few Blues games at Scottrade Center.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:25 AM

125 posts, read 216,949 times
I had Boston Bruins season tickets in 1998, when I was 10 years old. Loved going to what was then the Fleetcenter to see a pretty dang good B's team.

I also went to the Joe Louis Arena in 2007 while traveling to Detroit. The Red Wings fans I ran into at the Hockeytown Cafe were surprisingly nice and bought us a round of beer.

I am planning on going to a Rangers game at MSG later this season.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM

416 posts, read 943,124 times
NHL:
- Miami arena (back when the Panthers played there), . . . it was in a rough part of town, so they had Police standing on every street corner, so fans would not get mugged exiting the arena.
ALSO, they had stations set up with an attendant and a dry-eraser board to explain any hockey rules that the sun-belt-ers were confused by.
- Tampa (whatever it is called for the Lightning) Not much of an atmosphere around the arena.
- Edmonton, for many games. Witnessed Gretzky breaking Howe's record there while playing for LA. (ample parking and a subway stop) Too cold to tailgate for most of the season. All those banners are distracting. haha
Minor League:
- Moose Jaw Warriors (horrible acoustics, but great atmosphere)
- Orlando Solar Bears (sadly they are long gone) but were FUN

Went to MSG once but only to put up a "Go Flyers" poster the day after the Flyers eliminated the Rangers from the playoffs. Does that prove my bravado ??? (I have a photo to prove that I did it.)

Last edited by nb1968; 03-08-2010 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey