U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:56 PM

4,679 posts, read 10,867,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPL View Post
Congratulations, you earned it! I know that Hockey is to you folks what Baseball is to us, so I know it means a tremendous amount. I simply hope that we managed to earn some respect as a formidable Hockey Nation, and I honestly believe that Canada and the U.S. are the Hockey power houses of the World right now.

I also want to say how great it made me feel to hear your fans clapping for us during our Silver Medal presentation, and our walk off the ice. Your raucous cheering for Miller was touching, and I know it not only meant a lot for him, and the entire Team USA, but it meant a great deal for me as an American as well.

Also, I am normally not a Crosby fan, because I am a Washington Capitals fan, but I gained some respect for him tonight due to the way he conducted himself during the post-game interview rink-side. He was a good sport, and definitely not braggodocios. The same can be said for your team Captain too (Niedermayer). You guys showed a LOT of class in your Victory, and I think that it really presented your Nation in a good light.

USA and Canada FTW!
Well said... I agree.

The final 5 minutes before the final goal, could tell that they were much hungrier, aggressive, and determined. USA played very good, but just not good enough, not at the same level. The better team, this game, won.

Congrats!

ps: only regret is that Pronger gets a gold medal And this is coming from a Blues fan - but I was never much of a Pronger fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,699,405 times
Saw the list of celebrities for the closing. I was disappointed. Where was Bob and Doug McKinzie? You hoser!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:01 AM

32,394 posts, read 59,890,532 times
Why oh why did it have to be Cindy Crosby that scored the winning goal?? Argh.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 AM

12,388 posts, read 11,639,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Saw the list of celebrities for the closing. I was disappointed. Where was Bob and Doug McKinzie? You hoser!
So was I, nobody is more Canuk than those two!

Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,367,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Heh, between my facebook newsfeed and other forums I read, I must have heard that (minus the Cindy part which is lol btw) 100 times. I'm only a semi-hockey fan but really enjoyed the Olympics, so this is probably why, but I did not realize the amount of Crosby hate that is out there.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 PM

9,029 posts, read 16,442,522 times
definitely congrats to the canadians - they earned this victory

the US played well though and has nothing to be ashamed about

hate that a punk like perry got a goal in the gold medal game and people like pronger, perry and getzlaf get gold hung around them .... but that is offset by guys like neidermeyer who are true statesmen of the game

Old 03-01-2010, 12:30 PM

416 posts, read 941,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Well said... I agree.

The final 5 minutes before the final goal, could tell that they were much hungrier, aggressive, and determined. USA played very good, but just not good enough, not at the same level. The better team, this game, won.

Congrats!

ps: only regret is that Pronger gets a gold medal And this is coming from a Blues fan - but I was never much of a Pronger fan.
I agree about Pronger. I started a thread asking why he screwed over Edmonton.
Pronger is an idiot and he made a few major errors and took some stupid penalties. I think he was a detriment to Canada. I wish he would retire so I can stsrt cheering for the Flyers again.
He is one of the most unpopular players in the league for good reason.
P.S. you get points.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,276,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1968 View Post
I agree about Pronger. I started a thread asking why he screwed over Edmonton.
Pronger is an idiot and he made a few major errors and took some stupid penalties. I think he was a detriment to Canada. I wish he would retire so I can stsrt cheering for the Flyers again.
He is one of the most unpopular players in the league for good reason.
P.S. you get points.
Pronger was there to help contain Crosby, etc......which is why the Flyers got him.....the winning difference was that Canada yanked Brodeur and went with Luongo otherwise they wouldn't have even been playing for a medal.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,398,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I hear you. Now the Canadians won't shut up bout Crosby. If it was Iginla (sp?) then everyone would be like BIG WHOOP. But Crosby gets it and he's a god. Now the media won't shut up about it. Personally i say eliminate the NHL players from the olympics. Lord Stanley's Cup is the greatest prize in hockey

Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,276,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
I hear you. Now the Canadians won't shut up bout Crosby. If it was Iginla (sp?) then everyone would be like BIG WHOOP. But Crosby gets it and he's a god. Now the media won't shut up about it. Personally i say eliminate the NHL players from the olympics. Lord Stanley's Cup is the greatest prize in hockey
Well......as much as Crosby has earned his reputation as a whiner you have to admit hes talented. I do agree with you that the olympics amateurs......I think they gave into nhl professionals for hockey because the Russians sent Red Army professionals to compete which was unfair to everyone else who really did send amateurs. If we could convince the olympic committee to reverse their decision to disallow professionals how do you get the Russians to stop sending their professionals ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey