U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 PM

21,396 posts, read 19,311,556 times

Advertisements

I just read 2-2 at the moment, so however it ends, well done USA, you were not butchered the way Canadians had hoped for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 03:38 PM
LML

7,110 posts, read 8,117,377 times
I swear they are trying to give me a heart attack. However it ends, the two games between U.S. and Canada has given us a chance to see hockey at its best. Good job guys.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:59 PM

7,225 posts, read 8,236,619 times
What a game, overtime for the Gold. Good effort USA

Old 02-28-2010, 04:18 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,633,720 times
WOOHOO we won Gold, way to go Team Canada, thank you Team USA for a great game!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:32 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,543,632 times
Default Kudos to the Canadian team!

They dominated and deserved that win. Congratulations to the Canadians!

The American hockey team took Silver which is nothing to be ashamed of.

To the OP, basketball, football, and baseball are incredibly exciting, extraordinary sports in their own right. Recognize this!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:46 PM

30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Do you think that the Canadian crowd would have appreciated lets say for instance the Russians after winning the Gold and drinking their Vodka and smoking cigars and throwing their Babushkas on the ice,do you think they would have appreciated it and not contact the IOC for Russia's disqualification ?
You need to lighten up a bit...They earned a celebration.....A little bit of sexism in the whole episode I think....I see the men chugging on pitchers of beer....Nothing said at all.

By the way thanks to the USA hockey team for giving us a hell of a game....It could have gone either way.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A little bit of sexism in the whole episode I think....I see the men chugging on pitchers of beer....Nothing said at all.

I'm not so sure it was sexism.....perhaps those who did all the complaining about the girls having a beer realized they over reacted ? In any case whether its women or men celebrating over a beer, unless behavior is out of hand, why should anything be said at all ?

Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,685,664 times
So will the nation of Canada call in sick tomorrow with a hangover?

Old 02-28-2010, 07:33 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,801,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So will the nation of Canada call in sick tomorrow with a hangover?
I imagine it'll be pretty unproductive up there.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
TPL

136 posts, read 275,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You need to lighten up a bit...They earned a celebration.....A little bit of sexism in the whole episode I think....I see the men chugging on pitchers of beer....Nothing said at all.

By the way thanks to the USA hockey team for giving us a hell of a game....It could have gone either way.
Congratulations, you earned it! I know that Hockey is to you folks what Baseball is to us, so I know it means a tremendous amount. I simply hope that we managed to earn some respect as a formidable Hockey Nation, and I honestly believe that Canada and the U.S. are the Hockey power houses of the World right now.

I also want to say how great it made me feel to hear your fans clapping for us during our Silver Medal presentation, and our walk off the ice. Your raucous cheering for Miller was touching, and I know it not only meant a lot for him, and the entire Team USA, but it meant a great deal for me as an American as well.

Also, I am normally not a Crosby fan, because I am a Washington Capitals fan, but I gained some respect for him tonight due to the way he conducted himself during the post-game interview rink-side. He was a good sport, and definitely not braggodocios. The same can be said for your team Captain too (Niedermayer). You guys showed a LOT of class in your Victory, and I think that it really presented your Nation in a good light.

USA and Canada FTW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey