U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 AM

2,790 posts, read 5,703,209 times

Advertisements

I am seeing red this morning; and that is a good thing! Wo-hoo! Let's go Red Wings!

http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/4.gif (broken link)

Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 AM

138 posts, read 153,202 times
You bet!

All we have to do is win the last game we play and the Cup is ours!

Go Wings!

Old 04-28-2010, 12:55 PM

416 posts, read 941,758 times
Wouldnt it be great to see Vancouver win the Stanley Cup in the same year that they hosted the Olympics?

Old 04-28-2010, 03:20 PM

921 posts, read 910,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1968 View Post
Wouldnt it be great to see Vancouver win the Stanley Cup in the same year that they hosted the Olympics?
No.
Go Hawks!

Old 04-28-2010, 03:38 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,366,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1968 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
No.
Go Hawks!

Correct

Old 04-28-2010, 07:38 PM

5,481 posts, read 6,908,684 times
What an upset by the Habs. Great exciting end of game 7!

Old 04-28-2010, 07:50 PM

1,966 posts, read 3,850,220 times
Default Congrats to the Habs

Of course, I'm very sad that the Caps are now out. They for the most part played pretty well; however, Halak was unbelievable and the defense put on a clinic in shot blocking. I just hope they continue to do so against the potent Penguins offense.

Now to my rant. The Caps got hosed on that non-goal but that's not the real reason why they lost. Mike Green was pathetic in this series, causing the penalty that led to the first goal, not skating led to the second goal and he played like his heart wasn't in it

Ovechkin was trying too hard and the Habs figured it out quickly and made a great game plan to contain him.

Oh well, my Ovechkin sweater goes back in the closet "until next year". Too much groundhog day in Caps history.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:52 PM

6,839 posts, read 7,900,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
What an upset by the Habs. Great exciting end of game 7!
Great job! Kudos to Montreal and Halek! My Kings were already eliminated, so I can't help but continue to root for an underdog.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 PM

4,687 posts, read 5,539,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Of course, I'm very sad that the Caps are now out. They for the most part played pretty well; however, Halak was unbelievable and the defense put on a clinic in shot blocking. I just hope they continue to do so against the potent Penguins offense.

Now to my rant. The Caps got hosed on that non-goal but that's not the real reason why they lost. Mike Green was pathetic in this series, causing the penalty that led to the first goal, not skating led to the second goal and he played like his heart wasn't in it

Ovechkin was trying too hard and the Habs figured it out quickly and made a great game plan to contain him.

Oh well, my Ovechkin sweater goes back in the closet "until next year". Too much groundhog day in Caps history.
Great comments/analysis. Montreal played a great series, and Halak was ridiculously good. They played to win, and win it they did. As the playoffs continue, I'll have no problem cheering them on.

Most of the Caps played hard, and some didn't. And frankly, for too much of the series, they didn't seem to care enough. I haven't felt really positive about the team since before the Olympic break, but I was hoping they would snap out of it. Maybe they will ... next year.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 PM

1,966 posts, read 3,850,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Great comments/analysis. Montreal played a great series, and Halak was ridiculously good. They played to win, and win it they did. As the playoffs continue, I'll have no problem cheering them on.

Most of the Caps played hard, and some didn't. And frankly, for too much of the series, they didn't seem to care enough. I haven't felt really positive about the team since before the Olympic break, but I was hoping they would snap out of it. Maybe they will ... next year.
Thanks GreenGene. I'm already on my second Heineken drowning the sorrows

I've been a Caps fan since their inception so I've been there for the bad and the good but this is too much like groundhog day especially with all the moves they made in picking up Knuble, Walker, Chimera, etc. Just frustrating.

Come on Habs, beat the Pens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey