U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 06:01 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,271,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The Flyers didn't seem as driven last night as they have the past five games. But a win is a win ...

Your right......3 - 0 compared to 6 - 0 isn't quite as driven !!! What a letdown !!!

Old 05-19-2010, 08:50 PM

32,364 posts, read 59,796,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Your right......3 - 0 compared to 6 - 0 isn't quite as driven !!! What a letdown !!!
Well, even some of the players said the team didn't play as well as in the first game. Who are you gonna believe ...

Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 PM

436 posts, read 853,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
I've been watching Hockey thank you very much. Your Flyers were one goal away from playing golf so get off your high horse. Just because they shut out the Habs doesn't mean they are holding a parade down Broad Street. What happened yesterday can equally happen to you tomorrow.

And you're watching with a biased eye. I want to know when they got blown out by Boston. Specific games. Don't give me the one goal away from golfing bull**** either. They got the job done at the most crucial time of times during the BOS series. And now they're up 2-0, after MON gave them everything they had in Game Two. Why ? Because they got the job done and picked it up a notch.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 PM

436 posts, read 853,683 times
Quote:
Well, even some of the players said the team didn't play as well as in the first game. Who are you gonna believe ...

There's a difference between not coming out strong to start a game and not being driven.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,050,646 times
Sharks will bounce back and win in Game 7.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
If the players answer the hounding news medias questions with a statement just to shut them up and say that they didn't play quite as well as the first game and the result is still a 3 - 0 shutout how poorly do you think they played in comparision to the first game ? Who am I gonna believe ?........I'm gonna believe the scoreboard !!!

Old 05-20-2010, 06:04 PM

1,966 posts, read 3,848,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerNation View Post
And you're watching with a biased eye. I want to know when they got blown out by Boston. Specific games. Don't give me the one goal away from golfing bull**** either. They got the job done at the most crucial time of times during the BOS series. And now they're up 2-0, after MON gave them everything they had in Game Two. Why ? Because they got the job done and picked it up a notch.
LMAO, Explain how I have a bias when my team isn't in the playoffs I've never said they were blown out, go back and read the posts again. Obviously you're the one who hasn't been watching any hockey If they were playing so great, they should have blown out the Bruins. It wasn't so much that they "won" the series rather than Boston choking so again get off your high horse. Flyers played good in game 2 and as I said in previous post, Habs mailed it in the third period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
If the players answer the hounding news medias questions with a statement just to shut them up and say that they didn't play quite as well as the first game and the result is still a 3 - 0 shutout how poorly do you think they played in comparision to the first game ? Who am I gonna believe ?........I'm gonna believe the scoreboard !!!
That would be Van Riesdyk (sp) in the first intermission (interviewed on WIP) and Mike Richards in the second intermission (again on WIP) as well as the broadcasters on WIP who said the Laviolette would be pretty upset with the Flyers performance in game 2.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM

1,966 posts, read 3,848,219 times
Default The tables have turned!!!

Well now, we have a series now with Montreal beating the Flyers 5-1. However, while the score would indicate a Habs blowout, this game could have gone either way. Both teams made multiple turnovers in their own defensive zone and as it turned out the Habs got the advantage. Pronger had a forgettable game with a key turnover that led to the Habs second goal.

Leighton was good in goal but the Flyers are the ones now needing to adjust, we'll see what happens Saturday.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Well now, we have a series now with Montreal beating the Flyers 5-1. However, while the score would indicate a Habs blowout, this game could have gone either way. Both teams made multiple turnovers in their own defensive zone and as it turned out the Habs got the advantage. Pronger had a forgettable game with a key turnover that led to the Habs second goal.

Leighton was good in goal but the Flyers are the ones now needing to adjust, we'll see what happens Saturday.

Your right. Montreal adjusted as needed and attacked down low and swarmed the net....something they didn't do in the first two games. It didn't help that Pronger probably had his worst game of the playoffs, especially with turnovers. To be honest I'm not sure Laviolette with adjust much other than to empahsize our game more with an established game in the first period and not let Montreal play their game. For now I'm writing this off as our "bad" game of the series.....if we don't bounce bad on Saturday afternoon then it will be time for concern.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 PM

615 posts, read 442,308 times
Game 4 is the key to the series, if the Flyers win it, the series is over, if the habs take the next one it will go 7 games. I think the Flyboys take it, they match up well against this team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey